Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Paulo Bizarro on February 03, 2016, 07:10:39 am

Title: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 03, 2016, 07:10:39 am
These beaches are in an area 40 or 50 km north of Lisbon. I don't know the are very well, but I spend one night in a little hotel facing the beach of Porto Novo. I was lucky to be there in time for sunset, and then the next morning for moonset.

A few km south there is the popular beach of Santa Cruz, with its famous rock arch. This stretch of coastline is dubbed "Jurassic Coast", for the age of its rocks, and the many dinosaur fossils that have been found.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 03, 2016, 08:45:25 am
A fine set, Paulo.

My favorites are the first two.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 03, 2016, 11:26:16 am
A fine set, Paulo.

My favorites are the first two.

+1

Especially the 2nd, because of the 3 color bands and the water flow in the foreground.

Thierry
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: polaris-14 on February 03, 2016, 02:16:05 pm
The second one is really nice, Paulo. I wonder if it will benefit from cropping a little on the top and then some on the right. I love how the rocks give you a leading line to the moon! :)
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: francois on February 03, 2016, 02:17:50 pm
Me too, I love the color shots with the second being my favorite.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: justlikebeingthere on February 03, 2016, 06:00:16 pm
The black and white shots seem very nice.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: sdwilsonsct on February 03, 2016, 07:54:41 pm
2 and 4 have lots of dimensionality.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on February 04, 2016, 04:10:20 am
The second one is really nice, Paulo. I wonder if it will benefit from cropping a little on the top and then some on the right. I love how the rocks give you a leading line to the moon! :)

Thanks everybody. As for the above suggestion, I actually took another shot with a different composition, but also with different water movement.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: thierrylegros396 on February 04, 2016, 08:22:46 am
Thanks everybody. As for the above suggestion, I actually took another shot with a different composition, but also with different water movement.

I prefer the 2nd because of the 2 (very well placed) rocks.

Thierry
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: churly on February 04, 2016, 05:08:36 pm
Late to the game as usual but I particularly line #2 for the motion and #4 for the geology.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on February 05, 2016, 12:58:13 pm
Paulo,

Google "Hvítserkur" and compare with your third image.
Title: Re: Portugal beaches - Porto Novo and Santa Cruz
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 05, 2016, 01:57:37 pm
Paulo,

Google "Hvítserkur" and compare with your third image.
I thought of Dyrholaey, at Vik, but Hvítserkur is certainly a better match (but I haven't been there in person).

Eric