Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: GrahamBy on February 02, 2016, 10:47:10 am

Title: Oosting interview
Post by: GrahamBy on February 02, 2016, 10:47:10 am
Just a thought: Kevin, do you ever shoot portraits? If you do, do you allow your subject to cross his or her arms across their chest? :-)
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on February 02, 2016, 12:55:15 pm
Maybe only with Selfies.   ;D
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: E.J. Peiker on February 02, 2016, 03:27:13 pm
This guy actually gives me hope for the brand...
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: michael on February 02, 2016, 03:29:48 pm
Just a thought: Kevin, do you ever shoot portraits? If you do, do you allow your subject to cross his or her arms across their chest? :-)

Obviously, your quip was meant sarcastically. But I know that Kevin has shot the portrait of at least one US President, so he does know a thing or two about the subject.

And, more to the point, an informal web video interview is not a formal portrait session.

But now that I think about it – yes, I have seen some great portraits of people with their arms crossed.

So – your point was?

Michael
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: vjbelle on February 02, 2016, 04:15:56 pm
Kevin..... good interview with lots of information in a relaxed atmosphere.  I wish the best for the Hasselblad brand.

Victor
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: ErikKaffehr on February 02, 2016, 04:31:17 pm
Hi,

Lot of good news, I would say. Some of them:

- Hasselblad moving back it's origins, all the company in one place in Gothenburg Sweden.
- Getting finances right
- Lot of R&D going on
- Interesting to hear that CFV backs are a major success
- Hasselblad may be aiming at a lower price point
- CMOS sensors are major focus - 100 MP coming but no hurry
- Institutional sales significant - he mentions multishot several times
- Revitalised interest in MFD - not least in China
- New entrants into the market, Pentax being an example. They here the same rumors as other.

Also seems that mr. Oosting is a rather hands on kind of manager.

As a small side comment, the 100 MP sensor by Phase One is a major step into right direction, not just because the 100 MP but foremost because it is full frame 645.

Best regards
Erik


This guy actually gives me hope for the brand...
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on February 02, 2016, 04:59:04 pm
...Kevin has shot the portrait of at least one US President...

Found it!
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: GrahamBy on February 02, 2016, 05:04:25 pm
Which makes my point: it's not an inviting look. It gives me little desire to watch the video.
Just one consumer voice.
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: ErikKaffehr on February 02, 2016, 05:35:52 pm
Hi,

I am sort of more interested in the contents than in packaging, and the contents are interesting.

Best regards
Erik

Which makes my point: it's not an inviting look. It gives me little desire to watch the video.
Just one consumer voice.
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: amolitor on February 02, 2016, 06:17:13 pm
I feel the need to remark that from the cheap seats it looks a lot like certain members are allowed to say perfectly awful things and to, in general, behave badly, while the rank and file are reprimanded for as little as stating an opinion which does not align with that of The Management.

It's not my web site and I don't presume to do more than observe how it is operated, but observe I do.
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: E.J. Peiker on February 02, 2016, 06:37:09 pm
Which makes my point: it's not an inviting look. It gives me little desire to watch the video.
Just one consumer voice.
I sure hope you are kidding, although I fear you aren't.  You would really consider not watching a video because you don't like that one person has their arms crossed - geez, lighten up man! :)
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: nik on February 03, 2016, 04:55:27 pm
Agreed, good interview and it also gives me hope for this brand, I've been watching it closely for a couple years expecting it to wither but Mr Oosting dispelled my pessimism.

On a technical note, did anyone else experience gaps in the audio? I was streaming it and experienced several sections that were muted / no audio. I've downloaded the video and will listen again.

Even though I own MF gear from another brand, all the best to Hasselblad, the more competition the better for all of us.

Hi,

Lot of good news, I would say. Some of them:

- Hasselblad moving back it's origins, all the company in one place in Gothenburg Sweden.
- Getting finances right
- Lot of R&D going on
- Interesting to hear that CFV backs are a major success
- Hasselblad may be aiming at a lower price point
- CMOS sensors are major focus - 100 MP coming but no hurry
- Institutional sales significant - he mentions multishot several times
- Revitalised interest in MFD - not least in China
- New entrants into the market, Pentax being an example. They here the same rumors as other.

Also seems that mr. Oosting is a rather hands on kind of manager.

As a small side comment, the 100 MP sensor by Phase One is a major step into right direction, not just because the 100 MP but foremost because it is full frame 645.

Best regards
Erik
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: Christopher Sanderson on February 03, 2016, 05:47:18 pm
...On a technical note, did anyone else experience gaps in the audio? I was streaming it and experienced several sections that were muted / no audio. I've downloaded the video and will listen again.

There are no gaps in the original - sounds like a streaming problem. Please PM me if you continue to have problems.
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: ErikKaffehr on February 03, 2016, 07:15:10 pm
Hi,

There is a download option, at least for registered users.

Great video, this is the kind of stuff I enjoy. Mr Oosten is marvellous, he gives away a lot of information without promising or disclosing to much. Also, he seems to be very thrustworthy.

Best regards
Erik

There are no gaps in the original - sounds like a streaming problem. Please PM me if you continue to have problems.
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: Wayne Fox on February 03, 2016, 08:25:48 pm
On a technical note, did anyone else experience gaps in the audio? I was streaming it and experienced several sections that were muted / no audio. I've downloaded the video and will listen again.
no issues  when I watched it.
Title: Re: Oosting interview
Post by: kencameron on February 03, 2016, 10:17:36 pm
Obviously, your quip was meant sarcastically. But I know that Kevin has shot the portrait of at least one US President, so he does know a thing or two about the subject.

And, more to the point, an informal web video interview is not a formal portrait session.

But now that I think about it – yes, I have seen some great portraits of people with their arms crossed.

So – your point was?

Michael


This does seem a little bit heavy handed, on the part of Management. I am grateful to the OP for drawing my attention to the dual portrait but think he misses something when he implies that the crossed arms are any kind of problem. Surely they are an essential part of the rhetoric of the image, in which the interviewer does look a bit tense and defensive, with his crossed arms and not quite relaxed facial expression, contrasting amusingly with the svelte and smiling Mr Oosting. The interview thus intriguingly introduced is brilliant, IMO. Mr Raber's background and expertise make him the perfect interlocutor for the CEO of a Medium Format company.