Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jimmycinnamon on January 23, 2016, 07:32:54 pm

Title: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: jimmycinnamon on January 23, 2016, 07:32:54 pm
Hi,

     Im looking for ways to display my printed photos. I use a professional inkjet printer but won't be printing anything big. I won't be printing larger than 13 x 19. What is the best DIY way to mount and display photos. I would really love to do acrylic but that seems pretty difficult. Do any of you know easy ways to mount on acrylic? I would love to hear lists of any easy DIY ways to display my printed photos! thanks.
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: natas on January 23, 2016, 08:08:30 pm
Skip acrylic it's hard even for the pros. Mount to foam board can be done at home, I love canvas and just stretch onto bars. You can cut your own matts at home and go with that or get frame kits. Ton of options.
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: dgberg on January 24, 2016, 06:52:07 am
Not pushing my services but if you have a few minutes go to my website to get some ideas.
The easiest is canvas to gatorboard with miracle muck then put an inexpensive frame around it.
Our biggest seller.
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: Justin on January 24, 2016, 12:25:22 pm
I find block mounting to MDF works very well and looks great too. No unwanted reflections from the glass to contend with and the sole focus is on the image itself.
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: kurtisj123 on January 24, 2016, 12:35:29 pm
I've been printing on fine are paper, coating with varnish, and mounting on gator board lately.  I really like the clean look.

kurtisj123
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: jimmycinnamon on January 24, 2016, 06:49:52 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions! I really like the gatorboard, but from what I've seen its not something made to sell to others. Does anyone know of something I can print and make on my own that will last (something someone can buy). If theres not anything, does anyone know of a CHEAP website where I can print my photos and then sell for a profit? Thanks.
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: dgberg on January 25, 2016, 08:41:09 am
It is made to sell to others.
It is a way to keep your selling price down by letting the client pick the frame of their choice at the local framers.
Print, mount, trim and slide it in a clear bag.
Very tough to make a profit with someone else doing your printing and mounting.
Take control and do it yourself. (If your interested?)
Title: Re: Printing - What are some ways to display my photography?
Post by: rdonson on January 25, 2016, 09:36:42 am
Thanks for all the suggestions! I really like the gatorboard, but from what I've seen its not something made to sell to others. Does anyone know of something I can print and make on my own that will last (something someone can buy). If theres not anything, does anyone know of a CHEAP website where I can print my photos and then sell for a profit? Thanks.

Instead of saying "CHEAP" please define a cost that would be acceptable to you.  Cheap usually refers to substandard quality rather than inexpensive.