Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on January 20, 2016, 01:02:28 pm

Title: Frozen river before work
Post by: MattBurt on January 20, 2016, 01:02:28 pm
I stopped by the whitewater park this morning. It's warming up lately with single digits (F) above zero this morning. Still made for some nice steam at the river. We are all on flood watch here in the valley due to ice dams forming upstream. I wanted a photo of the dams but they are along an inaccessible section of the river at the moment.


645D & 80-160 + RapidND
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1673/24503295125_81500ed210_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/DkgMXB)IMGP1348-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/DkgMXB) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

645D & A 35
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1526/24395018332_2f8b4e56f9_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/DaGR3m)IMGP1339-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/DaGR3m) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

645D & 80-160 + RapidND
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1616/24503315135_3c859ff872_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/DkgTUB)IMGP1345-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/DkgTUB) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: luxborealis on January 21, 2016, 12:00:38 am
Great stuff, Matt. That first one sure has some B&W potential.
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 21, 2016, 04:50:00 am
Nice trio.
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 21, 2016, 05:18:09 am
My prefered one is the first.

Thierry
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: Walt Roycraft on January 21, 2016, 06:52:31 am
Really like the first image and I agree with Terry that a B&W might be really nice.
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 21, 2016, 09:27:42 am
Really like the first image and I agree with Terry that a B&W might be really nice.
Me too.
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 21, 2016, 11:22:09 am
The first one is lovely (except for the slight greenish cast; if that was deliberate toning, please ignore this remark).
Title: Re: Frozen river before work
Post by: MattBurt on January 21, 2016, 12:36:10 pm
Thanks all! I did use different processing on the first using a Color Efex Pro recipe I made that uses bleach bypass which changes the tones and desaturates a bit. Sometimes it suits an image well and others not so much. But I didn't mean it to be greenish; that could be a ND filter cast. Thanks for the B&W suggestion. I played around some with Silver Efex Pro a bit and came up with this edit.