Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on January 04, 2016, 12:17:41 am

Title: Bay of Chickens
Post by: MattBurt on January 04, 2016, 12:17:41 am
That's what this spot is called. Not sure about the history of that name. It's where the begining of open water is on our 17 mile reservoir.
It's been cold lately and this morning was no exception. -18 F when we left the house at 6:30, probably colder here at the lake. Cold!
That makes for nice fog rising off the water which was great at sunrise today. No other clouds were visible.
The shots before sunrise made for nice B&W conversions (Silver Efex Pro).
P645D & A 35/3.5
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1643/23530783354_503f74b7ae_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/BRkq6h)IMGP1130-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/BRkq6h) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1614/24158984375_ea8e37e4d1_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CNR7nn)IMGP1129-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/CNR7nn) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

Then the color got nice as the sun climbed.
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1702/23791179739_8023445479_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/Cfm1S8)IMGP1146-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/Cfm1S8) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr

My wife may have regretted coming at this point
(https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1629/23863357560_594b8cb7bd_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/CmHWPj)IMGP1150-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/CmHWPj) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Bay of Chickens
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on January 04, 2016, 05:26:25 am
Excellent set, with good B&W rendition.
Title: Re: Bay of Chickens
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 04, 2016, 09:23:07 am
Excellent set, with good B&W rendition.
+1.
Title: Re: Bay of Chickens
Post by: MattBurt on January 04, 2016, 11:39:03 am
Thanks! I used Silver Efex Pro for the B&W. I have my own preset I particularly like to use with snow/ice/frost and I feel like it worked well here.
Title: Re: Bay of Chickens
Post by: thierrylegros396 on January 04, 2016, 11:45:38 am
The 3rd, and especially the 4th are outstanding.

Atmosphere and lighting.

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Bay of Chickens
Post by: HSakols on January 04, 2016, 12:03:52 pm
Nice job with this set. I got to get back to work.  Happy Photography for 2016!

Hugh