Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Endeavour on January 03, 2016, 11:55:18 am

Title: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Endeavour on January 03, 2016, 11:55:18 am
Wish I could get my new camera out there for this stuff, but had to survive with the 5dmkii  :)

Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on January 03, 2016, 01:02:25 pm
Beautiful images.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on January 03, 2016, 01:11:06 pm
I like very very much the first one, it remember me out a turner painting.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on January 03, 2016, 01:11:32 pm
Beautiful images.

Indeed. Great atmosphere. Love the birds too.

Since it is in the Critiques section, I'd add one: I wish you could have moved just step to the left in the second image, to avoid the front-most street lamp intersecting the tower in the background. Or even a few more steps to the left to avoid the second lamp covering the statue behind it.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on January 03, 2016, 01:51:31 pm
The first is spectacular and the bird adds a lovely finishing touch.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: brandtb on January 03, 2016, 02:15:37 pm
Really wonderful light, tone, and subjects...I would agree though with previous commment
Quote
I wish you could have moved just step to the left in the second image, to avoid the front-most street lamp intersecting the tower in the background
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Bob_B on January 03, 2016, 04:56:55 pm
The first is spectacular and the bird adds a lovely finishing touch.

Jeremy

+1 My thought exactly.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on January 03, 2016, 04:59:37 pm
They are both quite stunning. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the first.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Tony Jay on January 03, 2016, 05:55:45 pm
Gorgeous shots - #1 is a winner by some way though.

Tony Jay
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: pcgpcg on January 04, 2016, 12:04:11 am
The first one is beautiful.
The second one has potential to be more interesting then the first, but two things concern me:
1) the lamp post and and a distant building are competing for a spot in the composition
2) My eye is drawn to the sun and the nearby steeple, so that is the center of attention in the composition for me. If you are going to add another interesting elements (more buildings, lampost, etc.)they should not compete for attention. They should be shrouded in fog or something. I think they can add richness and interest if they are there, but in the second photo they are THERE too much.  My brain is confused about where you want me to focus and the composition ends up failing for me.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Endeavour on January 04, 2016, 01:55:00 pm
Indeed. Great atmosphere. Love the birds too.

Since it is in the Critiques section, I'd add one: I wish you could have moved just step to the left in the second image, to avoid the front-most street lamp intersecting the tower in the background. Or even a few more steps to the left to avoid the second lamp covering the statue behind it.

thanks to all

Although I doubt I will ever be a professional photographer (can anyone really be a pro landscape photographer these days?) I do want to progress and make the best images I possibly can. So I appreciate all the comments/crit I can get

cheers
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: luxborealis on January 05, 2016, 08:37:14 pm
+1 My thought exactly.

+1
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: RSL on January 10, 2016, 10:46:10 am
+2
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Endeavour on January 20, 2016, 11:29:06 am
Thanks for the comments everyone.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: Jaemie on January 20, 2016, 12:09:15 pm
So dynamic and evocative. Both are beautiful.
Title: Re: A couple more cold ones
Post by: MattBurt on January 20, 2016, 01:25:47 pm
Indeed. Great atmosphere. Love the birds too.

Since it is in the Critiques section, I'd add one: I wish you could have moved just step to the left in the second image, to avoid the front-most street lamp intersecting the tower in the background. Or even a few more steps to the left to avoid the second lamp covering the statue behind it.

I had the same thought. But I still love the images!