Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on December 07, 2015, 12:05:26 pm

Title: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Glenn Bartley on December 07, 2015, 12:05:26 pm
I really love Albatross. Their unimaginable grace as they soar through the air is captivating!

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D Mark II
Shutter speed: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Manual
ISO: 400
Lens: EF600mm f/4L IS II USM +1.4x III

Black-browed Albatross
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Black-browed%20Albatross%20-%2001.jpg)

Gray-headed Albatross
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Gray-headed%20Albatross%20-%2002.jpg)

Light-mantled Sooty Albatross
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Light-mantled%20Sooty%20Albatross%20-%2001.jpg)

Southern Royal Albatross
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Southern%20Royal%20Albatross%20-%2001.jpg)

Wandering Albatross
(http://glennbartley.com/To%20Post/Wandering%20Albatross%20-%2002.jpg)
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 07, 2015, 08:23:07 pm
As usual: Wow!
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Chris Calohan on December 08, 2015, 12:06:29 am
Neat Looking Birds. I've only seen a few and they were from afar. Thanks for sharing.
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: pcgpcg on December 08, 2015, 12:14:43 am
As usual: Wow!
+1
It's a joy to view your photos!
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: MattBurt on December 08, 2015, 12:22:42 am
Really nice work. I like how you have background separation but not so much as to lose context. Beautiful birds.
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: francois on December 08, 2015, 02:36:49 am
What a fantastic set. I especially like the second one (the portrait), it looks like a painting.
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: thierrylegros396 on December 08, 2015, 04:33:02 am
+1

Thierry
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 08, 2015, 02:26:31 pm
Outstanding photos.
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 08, 2015, 05:08:00 pm
As usual, outstanding! I particularly like the second, close-up. One niggle: there seems to be a halo around the bird in the third.

Jeremy
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: davidh202 on December 08, 2015, 09:56:22 pm
Always a joy to see your work Glenn...

wonder if you caught this in the news last week?... pretty amazing since they are so endangered !


http://www.inquisitr.com/2603861/64-year-old-albatross-lays-egg-worlds-oldest-living-tracked-bird-to-experience-motherhood/
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on December 09, 2015, 06:03:07 am
Excellent stuff.
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Sean H on December 20, 2015, 04:52:15 pm
These are gorgeous, thanks for sharing. I have a new found appreciation of albatross thanks to you. Your website is also great and I like the courses you have on offer.
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: Tony Jay on December 20, 2015, 06:23:02 pm
Caution: Master at work!

As usual - fabulous results!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: A Few Species of Albatross
Post by: John Koerner on December 20, 2015, 08:02:47 pm
What a fantastic set. I especially like the second one (the portrait), it looks like a painting.

Ditto ... what a pleasure to look at.