Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Bob_B on November 15, 2015, 07:13:08 pm

Title: Looking Up
Post by: Bob_B on November 15, 2015, 07:13:08 pm
We had a wonderfully dry, warm autumn day in Baltimore. Great weather for a short hike, and ideal for a polarizer. The late afternoon light gave the pine needles a bit of a highlight as I looked upwards. Here's an example. I hope you enjoy it. C&C welcomed. Thank you for viewing.
Title: Re: Looking Up
Post by: thierrylegros396 on November 16, 2015, 04:52:22 am
A slight tendency to Halowing, not Halloween  ;)

But like it as the bright needles seem to look like stars.

Thierry
Title: Re: Looking Up
Post by: stamper on November 16, 2015, 07:21:36 am
I like it, particularly the brownish leaf at the top. Kind of stops the eye from whirling around the image.
Title: Re: Looking Up
Post by: Bob_B on November 16, 2015, 01:18:41 pm
Thanks Thierry and Stamper.

Re: "Stars" -- That was exactly what I said when I happened to look up in that pine grove. The late afternoon light gave the needles a nice radiance of their own.

Re: brown leaf -- Yes. It caught my eye and is a nice counterpoint in red to the green of the pines. (I have several other photos of pine groves without an anchoring leaf, and they have a tendency to induce vertigo.)

Best, Bob
Title: Re: Looking Up
Post by: DaveRichardson on November 16, 2015, 03:03:04 pm
An unusual image that catches the eye and has a remarkable "3D" effect. I thought there was some haloing around the darker ends but looking at 100% I think it is just the dark fine branch ends give that impression.


Dave