Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Colorado David on November 10, 2015, 12:24:14 pm

Title: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: Colorado David on November 10, 2015, 12:24:14 pm
I rarely go to a mall department store, but I went quickly yesterday.  When I parked, I notice a car with a commercial message on the back about photography.  I walked around the back of the car to read the message.

NAME Photography.
$50.00 per hour. CD with your images included.
Phone number, contact information.
Title: Re: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: Some Guy on November 10, 2015, 01:06:48 pm
Wonder if his or her insurance company knows of it?  Likely they will ding them for commercial insurance for advertising if they find out.  I could see a photographer's car ad's being a big invite as in "I got expensive stuff in here so break on in and take it."

I have a make-up woman I use at times and she got a big increase on her insurance rate as the exterior wording on her SUV was an invite to break in and steal her stuff.  So she took off all the vinyl signage as the increase would severely cut into what she made.  She did put some stick-on business card holder thing on the back of the SUV and sometimes puts her cards in it.  So far, the insurance has no issue with that - yet.

SG
Title: Re: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: NancyP on November 13, 2015, 03:05:49 pm
Yep. Just mount a sign "Steal Me!".
Title: Re: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: Justinr on November 13, 2015, 05:17:20 pm
Was it a BMW as in Break My Window?
Title: Re: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: Colorado David on November 14, 2015, 08:10:59 am
I wasn't thinking so much of the crime potential as the rate and CD offer.
Title: Re: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: kbolin on November 14, 2015, 03:26:10 pm
I recently saw an online classified ad for wedding photography.  It said something like:

"Don't pay those expensive photographers for your special day, I charge $20 per hour.  You simply supply the memory card and I return it to you at the end of the day."

My head hurts just thinking about the results.  I don't shoot weddings, never have, never will.  I appreciate the hard work it takes to deliver exceptional results and it's not something I'm interested in doing (I have my niche I enjoy and work hard at it).  However, more than once I've had family or friends show me some horrid wedding photos and asked me if I could fix the photos for them.  Ughhhh.... I really don't want to but will take a few and clean them up the best anyone can do post processing.



Title: Re: I saw a photographer's car yesterday
Post by: Alan Klein on November 14, 2015, 11:23:02 pm
Well the price might be too high is he's not getting enough calls and too low if he's overbooked.