Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 15, 2015, 12:23:43 pm

Title: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 15, 2015, 12:23:43 pm
In its descent towards Loch Brittle, River Brittle forms a constant series of delightful waterfalls and pools. The more famous and photographed of these are called the Fairy Pools, but as is often the case if you'll keep exploring the river you'll find many more photogenic locations worth a stop. This is the Fairly Pools proper.

(https://vieribottazzini.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/6Z10568.jpg)

Taken with the Pentax 645z and the 28-45mm f/4.5. Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Dmullins on October 15, 2015, 12:32:03 pm
Beautiful Image, that looks like a location I would enjoy visiting!
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 15, 2015, 12:49:00 pm
Beautiful Image, that looks like a location I would enjoy visiting!

+1

Thierry
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Patricia Sheley on October 15, 2015, 01:04:43 pm
Son #1 just returned to UK accompanying a bike crate large enough for an extra bike and body...knew I should have stowed away...

Just another confirmation that I have put off travel to Isle of Skye way too long. Lovely image.
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: NancyP on October 15, 2015, 01:43:30 pm
That is really nice.
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Walt Roycraft on October 15, 2015, 02:55:43 pm
That is really nice.
+1
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: KMRennie on October 15, 2015, 03:09:42 pm
I really like the tones, contrast and the degree of water movement but my eyes keep following the flow of the water and exiting the image at the bottom right hand side. It may well be an optical illusion but is the image level? Ken
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: the_marshall_101 on October 15, 2015, 04:58:34 pm
Visited myself earlier in the year so I recognise the spot.  Lovely angle there - great photo!
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Arlen on October 15, 2015, 07:02:29 pm
Very engaging image. All of the superb photos of that Isle that have been posted here are stimulating me to move it up my must-visit list.
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Bob_B on October 16, 2015, 09:18:05 am
+1. Spectacular scene, well captured.
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: mvsoske on October 16, 2015, 10:07:07 am
Excellent!
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Ian99 on October 16, 2015, 11:57:49 am
The OP’s pic was taken on Skye and Patricia mentioned her son shipping a bike to the UK.

For a combination of bike and Skye you must watch Danny Macaskill’s video “The Ridge”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA

Stunning landscapes and amazing stunt riding. Enjoy.
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: MattBurt on October 16, 2015, 12:11:11 pm
Great image and a beautiful location! I agree it looks like it might be slightly leaning to the right (or the illusion make it seem so).

That Danny Macaskill video is great! I always enjoy watching him and in that setting it's even better.
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 17, 2015, 09:15:00 am
Beautiful Image, that looks like a location I would enjoy visiting!

Thank you very much Dmullins, I am sure you would - great landscapes!

+1

Thierry

Thank you Thierry!

Son #1 just returned to UK accompanying a bike crate large enough for an extra bike and body...knew I should have stowed away...

Just another confirmation that I have put off travel to Isle of Skye way too long. Lovely image.

Thank you Patricia! Glad you enjoyed it - and yes, Skye is definitely worth a visit!

That is really nice.

Thank you very much Nancy!

+1

Thank you Walt!

I really like the tones, contrast and the degree of water movement but my eyes keep following the flow of the water and exiting the image at the bottom right hand side. It may well be an optical illusion but is the image level? Ken

Hello KMRennie, thank you very much for your comment - yes, it is an optical illusion (at least according to my camera's level...), and I actually like the "extra flow" feeling that it gives, thought I appreciate it that you'd prefer it straight... Actually I tried turning it a bit up when editing it, but it tended to become too static IMHO.

Visited myself earlier in the year so I recognise the spot.  Lovely angle there - great photo!

Thank you the_marshall, I am happy you enjoyed it!

Very engaging image. All of the superb photos of that Isle that have been posted here are stimulating me to move it up my must-visit list.

Thank you very much Arlen! Skye is definitely worth a visit, sooner than later :D

+1. Spectacular scene, well captured.

Thank you very much Bob!

Excellent!

Thank you very much mvsoske!

The OP’s pic was taken on Skye and Patricia mentioned her son shipping a bike to the UK.

For a combination of bike and Skye you must watch Danny Macaskill’s video “The Ridge”:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_IQS3VKjA

Stunning landscapes and amazing stunt riding. Enjoy.


Wow - great video, great riding!

Great image and a beautiful location! I agree it looks like it might be slightly leaning to the right (or the illusion make it seem so).

That Danny Macaskill video is great! I always enjoy watching him and in that setting it's even better.

Thank you very much Matt! Glad you enjoyed it - the leaning is an illusion (according to my camera's level), but I appreciate it that you'd prefer it straight of course.

Thank you very much again everyone, your comments are much appreciated! Best,

Vieri
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: luxborealis on October 18, 2015, 08:35:24 am
+1. Spectacular scene, well captured.

+1
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: prairiewing on October 22, 2015, 09:52:53 pm
Beautiful
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 25, 2015, 11:19:29 am
+1

Beautiful

Thank you Terry & Pat, much appreciated!  ;D
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Tony Jay on October 25, 2015, 05:19:35 pm
Wonderful texture and hues!
Great composition that really captures the essence of that alpine environment.
The waterfall is truly the cherry on the top!

Tony Jay
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on October 25, 2015, 07:52:28 pm
I've enjoyed looking at this image several times.
I haven't commented until now, because everyone else has said it all: Very beautiful!
Title: Re: The Fairy Pools
Post by: Vieri Bottazzini on October 26, 2015, 04:30:32 pm
Wonderful texture and hues!
Great composition that really captures the essence of that alpine environment.
The waterfall is truly the cherry on the top!

Tony Jay

Thank you Tony Jay, I am glad you enjoyed the Fairy Pools - the waterfalls there are indeed extremely gracious and photogenic!

I've enjoyed looking at this image several times.
I haven't commented until now, because everyone else has said it all: Very beautiful!


Thank you very much Eric, your kind comment is very much appreciated!