Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MattBurt on October 05, 2015, 12:03:47 pm

Title: Past peak
Post by: MattBurt on October 05, 2015, 12:03:47 pm
Although there are still some green patches, it seems as though we are officially past peak for fall color in the high country here.
I took the scenic route (Ohio Pass) home from shooting a skateboard comp on Saturday in Crested Butte and stopped for some sunset/twilight photos. The wind has taken down a lot of the brighter leaves and more weather is expected this week.
Here's a photo of The Castles that I grabbed just from next to the car on the pass. I tried to obscure the "naked" trees with my composition.
Pentax K-3 & DA* 60-250/4
(https://farm1.staticflickr.com/598/21741705770_d4bbb2971f_c.jpg) (https://flic.kr/p/z8eVE3)IMGP3766-Edit (https://flic.kr/p/z8eVE3) by Matt Burt (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mattbnet/), on Flickr
Title: Re: Past peak
Post by: thierrylegros396 on October 05, 2015, 12:29:56 pm
Hi Matt,

Nice.

Looks like "Les Châteaux Cathares".

Have a Nice Day.

Thierry
Title: Re: Past peak
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on October 06, 2015, 03:40:36 am
Good framing, even though I hesitate between including/excluding the black tree trunk on the right hand side.
Title: Re: Past peak
Post by: stamper on October 06, 2015, 03:44:07 am
Good framing, even though I hesitate between including/excluding the black tree trunk on the right hand side.

Agreed. I would leave out the tree which would leave a fine image.
Title: Re: Past peak
Post by: MattBurt on October 06, 2015, 01:11:51 pm
Good framing, even though I hesitate between including/excluding the black tree trunk on the right hand side.

Thanks I also debated this and decided to leave it as an anchor. But without it works pretty well too.