Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: David Anderson on October 04, 2015, 01:33:44 am
-
What an absolutely stellar day to be an Australian.. ;)
-
I'm still pretty cool about being English.
Your team played well ours did not. Your guys seemed to have planned very well and just neutralised our strengths.
Still English, still British, still proud. But you guys can revel in a deserved win!
Great game to watch.
-
Great game to watch.
Yes, but some nervous moments for Australia after England scored their first try and picked up the pace.
The English winger, #14 is a real weapon..
-
But you always had the answers.
-
Always nice when the wheels come off the chariot!
Incidentally, for the benefit of those from outwith our sceptered isles who may wonder why the Welsh, Scots and Irish love to see England teams (in any sport) being drubbed, it has nothing to do with hating the English (we don't); it is wholly about the unspeakable ignorance and arrogance of English BBC sports commentators.
-
Always nice when the wheels come off the chariot!
Incidentally, for the benefit of those from outwith our sceptered isles who may wonder why the Welsh, Scots and Irish love to see England teams (in any sport) being drubbed, it has nothing to do with hating the English (we don't); it is wholly about the unspeakable ignorance and arrogance of English BBC sports commentators.
I know, I know; Ms Sturgeon has it all wrong.
;-)
Rob C
-
I suspect Jimbo isn't Welsh :)
-
I suspect Jimbo isn't Welsh :)
OK - I would have to make a (very) small exception to the "we do not hate the English" statement. Clearly those who burn down the holiday cottages of white settlers in North Wales may reside outwith my generalisation.
-
This week I attended a twelve way (count them - 12) club competition in South Wales as representative of our local club in the Midlands so it was a 2 hour drive. We were the only non Welsh club involved. I have to say it was one of the most jolly and welcoming clubs I have visited. The banter was superb and they didn't tar and feather me when I confessed to owning a holiday home in North Wales which was a win.
I have never understood the way some English people dislike the Welsh or say they are stand offish. I am very easily recognised as English and I don't think I have ever had any problem. Then again I married a Welsh girl from the valleys :) I was shocked when a good English friend complained that the staff in the cafe were speaking Welsh behind the counter amongst themselves. My wife pointed out it was probably their first language, English being the second. I just feel guilty that I only have about 5 words of Welsh.
Mike
-
Australia Vs. Wales this Satuday. 8)
-
Surely Australia will win?
-
Australia have a good record against Wales, but the games tend to be close.
The game was an absolute grinder.
There was a 7 minute period where Australia had to defend their line with only 13 men thanks to two yellow cards in as many minutes.
Wales never gave up, but couldn't score the try.
I don't remember breathing for the entire period.
Anyway, Wales now have the harder road to the top having to play NZ and the Saffies, but they're still in it.
Australia are looking better, but NZ are still very hard to beat.
-
It was a good game to watch (in Wales as well), I found it very exciting and those 2 yellows were a shock but Wales couldn't exploit it. I managed to catch the Japan/US game as well which while not as important was exciting as well. The Japanese are certainly prepared to work hard and aren't afraid of committed tackles.
Both games a great advertisement for rugby as are the crowds.
Wales to beat SA unless their injuries are too many.