Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: BobDavid on August 25, 2015, 12:38:00 am

Title: Peaceful Sea
Post by: BobDavid on August 25, 2015, 12:38:00 am
...another one for my "Peaceful Sea" series. And an abstract image that I'm not sure what to think about...
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on August 25, 2015, 06:04:04 am
I like the second one much much better.
Not sure why, maybe because it's different, a little cubist.
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: francois on August 25, 2015, 07:47:16 am
Both are nice but so different. I have no favorite, in fact, I think they work well together as a diptych.
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: stamper on August 25, 2015, 07:51:26 am
I like the second one much much better.
Not sure why, maybe because it's different, a little cubist.


Agreed.
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: BobDavid on August 25, 2015, 12:05:42 pm
... funny, I came close to deleting the second one. But something held me back. I guess I liked the colors.
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: Diego Pigozzo on August 25, 2015, 02:02:22 pm
I keep thinking the second has something of Dalì's GALA CONTEMPLATING THE MEDITERRANEAN SEA
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: TomFrerichs on August 25, 2015, 02:07:36 pm
The second one really caught and held my attention. The divisions make it so dynamic. 

Although, when I first saw the thumbnails, very small, very far away, and with my lousy eyesight, I thought, "Why is someone posting pincushion distortion pictures?  :D

Tom
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: louoates on August 25, 2015, 06:25:46 pm
I enjoy seeing such experimenting. The distortion concept is very interesting and a vibrant entry to the series.
Title: Re: Peaceful Sea
Post by: Bruce Cox on August 26, 2015, 11:16:22 am
I like the central three by five sections and their curved edges. 

I don't like the surrounding five by seven sections or their right edges.

If it were mine, which it is not, I would reduce the number of sections from thirty-five to fifteen and present it with the edges concave.