Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: KMRennie on July 25, 2015, 01:34:47 pm

Title: Bamburgh Castle
Post by: KMRennie on July 25, 2015, 01:34:47 pm
Taken very early on Fri morning, several hours before moving down the coast to take Dunstanburgh. 3 Shots taken within 30 minutes of each other just before and after sunrise. This is not the correct month to take these shots as in a few months time the sun will rise over the sea to the left of the castle as we look, but I treated this visit as a look see to work out parking and tide state, as a bonus I had a few hours on the wonderful beaches watching the sun come up, wish I had brought gloves though.

All comments welcome.
Ken
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle
Post by: wmchauncey on July 26, 2015, 09:46:07 am
I like them all in spite of their differences in the water.
IMHO, what would make them killer images is more and better skies with reds from the sunrise.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle
Post by: francois on July 27, 2015, 08:02:27 am
I like them all but #1 and #3 are my favorites. #2 is not bad but I prefer the light better in the other shots.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle
Post by: luxborealis on July 27, 2015, 08:33:41 am
Iconic location. There is also a spot south of the castle with sea grass and dunes - very effective.

My preference is for your first exposure. To me, it is more evocation and less obvious.
Title: Re: Bamburgh Castle
Post by: KMRennie on July 27, 2015, 09:58:56 am
Decided to give the first shot, taken before the sun had risen a lift. Although it is not correct, I have flipped the image left to right, it seems to flow better this way or at least it does to my eyes.

Ken