Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tethering Question with the D810  (Read 1306 times)

douglevy

• New England Wedding Photographer Doug Levy
Tethering Question with the D810
« on: April 29, 2015, 11:08:49 am »

Can't seem to find an answer, which I think is no...but...

Tethering with the D4/D810. Is there a way to both see the image on the computer and on the back of the camera and not have the plug override the function of the LCD? It works on my H5X, but that's more designed for tethering. The manual is useless. I'm using Capture One to tether, but could use LR if need be.

-Doug

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
Re: Tethering Question with the D810
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 11:44:56 am »

Don't think so. Of all the software I have tried, C1 and Lightroom, none of those does.
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

dwswager

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 10:35:34 pm »

Can't seem to find an answer, which I think is no...but...

Tethering with the D4/D810. Is there a way to both see the image on the computer and on the back of the camera and not have the plug override the function of the LCD? It works on my H5X, but that's more designed for tethering. The manual is useless. I'm using Capture One to tether, but could use LR if need be.

-Doug

Tethering via USB interface to a laptop or tablet will cause the LCD to shut down.  This is because it is expected that you will be driving the camera from the other device.

I don't know if you connect video out via HDMI if you can keep the LCD on.  Hence, you are shooting from the camera and viewing on the laptop.

dwswager

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2015, 08:32:53 am »

Tethering via USB interface to a laptop or tablet will cause the LCD to shut down.  This is because it is expected that you will be driving the camera from the other device.

I don't know if you connect video out via HDMI if you can keep the LCD on.  Hence, you are shooting from the camera and viewing on the laptop.

Checking the options on my D810 last night, you can leave the LCD monitor on or turn it off in the Advanced options of the HDMI option in the menu. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up