Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR CC quick question  (Read 1093 times)

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
LR CC quick question
« on: April 29, 2015, 01:19:09 am »

I notice that now in CC the option to filter by Rating seems to have disappeared from the dropdown menu in the "Filter box" located at the bottom right of the Panel. Anyone know if it is possible to get that back?

Jimbo57

Re: LR CC quick question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 06:27:58 am »

That sounds serious.

How will plug-ins such as LRTimelapse work if they cannot filter by rating?

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 06:39:29 am »

That sounds serious.

It may sound serious, but it's probably user error. My guess is that Preferences / Presets / Store Presets with this Catalog is enabled, and the catalogue has been moved. Or it could be that it was disabled, and is now enabled, or vice versa. There are other ways someone can lose these filter presets, but the feature's still there.

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 07:30:47 am »

No you can still filter by Rating via the Edit>Select by Rating but it isn't as quick and doesn't seem to work quite the same (I haven't worked out what is different yet). I just want to select all the 2 star rated (say) pics in a newly imported and edited  group of images for taking into the Develop Module. Using the Filter box was the fastest way of doing this but the only options in the drop down menu are: 'Save Current Settings as New Preset...' and 'Restore Default Presets'.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:51:24 am »

'Save Current Settings as New Preset...' would allow you to rebuild those options.

These drop down box choices are called Filter Presets and the default presets don't include any that display 2 star images or whatever - you just get choices for Rated or Unrated. But if you could previously choose 2 stars, that means you would have saved presets of your own. They are actually saved as text files in a hidden system folder such as C:\Users\USER\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Filter Presets (Preferences > Presets > Show LR Presets Folder), but alternatively you can use Store Presets with this Catalog (Prefs > Presets) to keep them in the same folder as your catalogue. So look for that folder in the same folder as your catalogue.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 05:39:07 pm »

Sounds like somehow you have the filters hidden.  I can’t see any difference in 5 and 6.

Default shows flags/ratings/colors/  If you just see the word filter and the menu, then try clicking on filter which hides/shows any filters that do not currently have a selection in them.

phila

• www.philaphoto.com
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 06:56:01 pm »

Thanks guys. Restoring the Defaults fixed it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up