Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon ipf8400 not printing red but pink  (Read 2830 times)

willybid

Canon ipf8400 not printing red but pink
« on: April 28, 2015, 05:00:33 pm »

Hello All.  First off thanks to all that have helped me so much.  I have an issue with my ipf8400.  I replaced an empty red ink cartridge and now i noticed that its not printing RED, but pink!  I've tried to recalibrate, clean nozzle, restart ... but the issue continues.  Could it be bad ink?   If anyone has experience this before please let me know how to fix it.  Its a fairly new printer only 3 months old.

Thanks!
Will

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
Re: Canon ipf8400 not printing red but pink
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 05:09:46 pm »

How is the nozzle check pattern on the red channel?
I have to ask... are you using genuine ink from canon for this printer?

willybid

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 05:11:44 pm »

Yes, it is genuine ink.  Im too nervous to use compatibles.
Let me run the nozzel check again. .... and let you know

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 05:29:42 pm »

Nozzle check would be a good starting point. If that shows fine, then run a check in service mode (quick google shold get you there), to double check red line is not on its last legs (haven't seen that happen thus far). Over the course of several football pitches of ipf ink, have not seen a bad Canon cart.

Silly questions:
1:What you've got printing pink, it is supposed to be red?
2:Replacement cart is genuine Canon?
3: 3 months is short enough to give your dealer a call, though if you've gone through the starter red, then you're giving the printer a fair work out, and have probably churned through most of the other channels, which suggests you know the answer to 1, and if 2 is yes, then your dealer should get him(her)self on speed dial...

Oh, as well as restart, try shut down, then pull the plug for 15 minutes - helps the old (new) girl lose her memory of past glitches.

willybid

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2015, 05:46:07 pm »

Thanks Guys for your help.    I ran a nozzel check and here's what it looks like.  Can you tell me what i need to look for?  I am new to this. 

willybid

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 05:47:55 pm »

Nozzle check would be a good starting point. If that shows fine, then run a check in service mode (quick google shold get you there), to double check red line is not on its last legs (haven't seen that happen thus far). Over the course of several football pitches of ipf ink, have not seen a bad Canon cart.

Silly questions:
1:What you've got printing pink, it is supposed to be red?
2:Replacement cart is genuine Canon?
3: 3 months is short enough to give your dealer a call, though if you've gone through the starter red, then you're giving the printer a fair work out, and have probably churned through most of the other channels, which suggests you know the answer to 1, and if 2 is yes, then your dealer should get him(her)self on speed dial...

Oh, as well as restart, try shut down, then pull the plug for 15 minutes - helps the old (new) girl lose her memory of past glitches.

Thanks for replying.  Here are the answers.

1.  Yes, anyting with red comes out pink. 
2.  Yes the replacement cart is genuine Canan Red
3.  I will have to call the rep tomorrow if i cant figure this out tonight.

Thanks

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2015, 05:51:17 pm »

Excellent advice. It usually solves 50% of the weird problems we encounter.
It is also worth checking your procedures (paper, settings, profiles...).

Geraldo Garcia

• Personal blog
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »

I don't see the red pattern at all on the image, it may be faint and the low res image makes it hard to see, but it should be between the letter (R) and the green pattern. I can clearly see the other patterns (including the always faint yellow). See below a nozzle check I scanned:

willybid

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2015, 06:03:15 pm »

I don't see the red pattern at all on the image, it may be faint and the low res image makes it hard to see, but it should be between the letter (R) and the green pattern. I can clearly see the other patterns (including the always faint yellow). See below a nozzle check I scanned:

Thanks i just cleaned the head B again and ran the nozzle check again and now the red appears.  I will try a test print image with red and let you know. Crossing my fingers.

willybid

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2015, 06:06:26 pm »

Its printing RED like a champ now! whooooot whooot!   THanks for all your help!

Pages: [1]   Go Up