dawn
« on: April 28, 2015, 09:24:54 am »

a dawn last Sunday on the Tuscan hills

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: dawn
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 10:14:26 am »

While the sky is impressive, I find the foreground, and particularly the road, too bright.

Roman Racela

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 01:45:01 pm »

I agree with Slobodan. I love the exploding sky, but the foreground needs to match. This calls for a darker, more moody F/G. Just burn the road to make it dark and see how it looks. :)

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 05:42:37 pm »

Framing is perfect, color transitions are nice and smooth, overall feeling is nice, something's slightly amiss.  The grass for me looks over processed perhaps in the lower right.  Could be my crappy work monitor however, I'm sure it's looks splendid full size in raw.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

francois

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 04:50:43 am »

I agree with Slobodan. I love the exploding sky, but the foreground needs to match. This calls for a darker, more moody F/G. Just burn the road to make it dark and see how it looks. :)

I also agree. I was immediately struck by the too light foreground with the dark sky. It's an easy fix and the photo is well worth 30 seconds of PP.
Francois

stamper

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 05:54:37 am »

Before I read the other posts my initial reaction was... where is the slight red cast that should have been seen on the foreground from the setting sun? I don't subscribe to the idea of an image being totally realistic but there has to be a degree of realism. The foreground doesn't match the setting sun in the sky.

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 09:50:54 am »

I agree that a camera would record the road as being dark. But IMO our eyes in the field see these kinds of foreground objects very clearly. I don't find the road too bright. And I really like the little bend in the distance.

lorenzettifoto

• Andrea Lorenzetti photographer
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 11:34:00 am »

I lightened the color of the road because the raw to me seemed too dark, but in reality I see that you bothers. Never mind I can work the raw again, thank you very much for your comments

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 11:55:36 am »

Love it!

jerryw

• Jerry Weimar Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2015, 11:47:09 am »

I really like this composition - very well done.  Sometimes the best images are the simplest ones.

I read the comments re: the road being too light... I don't mind it the way it is, but would enjoy seeing a second post with less lightening, for comparison.
Pages: [1]   Go Up