Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SPEEDLITE 580EX  (Read 2851 times)

JPlayer

• http://
SPEEDLITE 580EX
« on: February 01, 2006, 05:44:08 am »

My brand bew flash only emits two beams. It looks like there should be three. Do you know whether this is normal or should there really be 3 beams?

If anyone knows please confirm as I cannot bear it if my valuable Canon equipment is faulty.

JPlayer

SPEEDLITE 580EX
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2006, 04:20:06 pm »

Since no one has replied and my anxiety is much the same I thought I should write someting.
The 580EX is prob very similar to the earlier models. So, if anyone has a flash, I should be eternally grateful if you could let me know whether your flash emits 2 or 3 beams.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
SPEEDLITE 580EX
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 12:30:43 am »

Since no one has replied and my anxiety is much the same I thought I should write someting.
The 580EX is prob very similar to the earlier models. So, if anyone has a flash, I should be eternally grateful if you could let me know whether your flash emits 2 or 3 beams.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57488\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Tested mine 580ex now, and it emits 4 vertical beams. Look like it's only 1? bulb, and that the ligth is broken into beams by the red plastik optics.
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

JPlayer

SPEEDLITE 580EX
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 04:32:53 pm »

Tested mine 580ex now, and it emits 4 vertical beams. Look like it's only 1? bulb, and that the ligth is broken into beams by the red plastik optics.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57517\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for reply.
Yes, there are 4 red vertical lines that I can see(when you point it, say to a white wall). However, if you actually look at the red emitter directly, I can see two red beams (red lights), one at the bottom, placed centrally and one at the top on the right side. So this leaves the top left side, which appears as if there is a light but it does not flash/emit. My concern is whether this should be another emitter.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
SPEEDLITE 580EX
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 01:02:57 am »

Thanks for reply.
Yes, there are 4 red vertical lines that I can see(when you point it, say to a white wall). However, if you actually look at the red emitter directly, I can see two red beams (red lights), one at the bottom, placed centrally and one at the top on the right side. So this leaves the top left side, which appears as if there is a light but it does not flash/emit. My concern is whether this should be another emitter.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57576\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Now you have me worried.     only the bottom one in my flash emit ligth.
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up