Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: pictorico ohp transp. film  (Read 4605 times)

meierruedi@hotmail.com

pictorico ohp transp. film
« on: February 01, 2006, 02:22:45 am »

I'm trying to find out anything about Pictorico's ohp film:

I printed some pictures with about 95% pure black on AGFA's Select Jet Screen Film with an Epson 9800. While we got very nice and deep blacks the film exhibits some irregularities (coating???) showing as bands/stripes where the black is not very black.

I'm wondering if pictorico's film has the same or any other problem or not.

As I have to have it fedexed to Europe would be nice to get some info before I burry too many bucks...

Brian Gilkes

• http://www.briangilkes.com.au
pictorico ohp transp. film
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 03:56:00 pm »

The Pictorico film seems to be the current choice for digital negatives.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              The Baldessin Press, a traditional intaglio studio, has been using this material sucessfully for some time now for the production of photogravures. We also had a joint workshop with them last year conducted by Dan Burkholder, using Pictorico negatives printed on an Epson 2100 to produce platinum/palladium prints on top of pigmented inks that I printed on an Epson 4000. No problem.
The resolution will not match an Imagesetter, but the coating seem to be of consistent high quality and for our purposes resolution is fine. Feeback would be interesting from people using this material for digital negatives to produce silver gelatine prints. Any defects would show up much more clearly there than on papers like the Arches Platine and similar that we were using.
Brian Gilkes
www.pharoseditions.com.au
Pages: [1]   Go Up