Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Email from Phase One - Upgrade to C1 Pro 8 for 69 Euro  (Read 1203 times)

geezerhood

Email from Phase One - Upgrade to C1 Pro 8 for 69 Euro
« on: April 24, 2015, 11:50:52 pm »

So, I just got an email from Phase One telling me to upgrade to C1 Pro 8 now for 69 Euro - after April 29th it will be 99 Euro. I went to upgrade to v 8 for the promised 69 euro but when I log in it tells me I have to pay $99 US (69 Euro = $75 US) - not what the email said now, is it?

Since I don't use it very much anymore, I am not nearly as excited to upgrade for $99 US vs the 69 Euro.  So what's the deal? How can I take advantage of the 69 euro upgrade that was promised in the email from Phase One?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 11:52:39 pm by geezerhood »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Email from Phase One - Upgrade to C1 Pro 8 for 69 Euro
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 08:31:35 am »

So, I just got an email from Phase One telling me to upgrade to C1 Pro 8 now for 69 Euro - after April 29th it will be 99 Euro. I went to upgrade to v 8 for the promised 69 euro but when I log in it tells me I have to pay $99 US (69 Euro = $75 US) - not what the email said now, is it?

Since I don't use it very much anymore, I am not nearly as excited to upgrade for $99 US vs the 69 Euro.  So what's the deal? How can I take advantage of the 69 euro upgrade that was promised in the email from Phase One?

Hi,

Don't know about an email, but have you contacted PhaseOne? Also, at least in the EU, you'd have to add VAT if you don't have a VAT registered business. Either way, the upgrade fee is usually relatively modest for an application of this price.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

geezerhood

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 08:57:12 am »

Thanks Bart. I am in the US so no VAT. I just want to pay the 69 euro that was offered to me in the email, not $99 US that was shown when I logged into the web site.

If I can get that price I will upgrade, if not, I probably will wait a few years since I don't do much photography to use for photo prints anymore, mostly shooting just for reference photos to paint from now so C1 is not needed for that.  I guess I will wait until Monday to talk to Phase One about the email they sent me.

brianrybolt

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2015, 03:40:09 pm »

It won't happen.  They know you live in the states once you present you CC for payment.

C1 more than likely either phrased the notice incorrectly or had a brain lapse when typing it out.  I doubt it was intentional.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up