Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring Fun  (Read 856 times)

7h3C47

Spring Fun
« on: April 24, 2015, 09:15:24 am »

Hi all,

Some of you might recall from some of my previous posts, but the short of it is that I do flower photography.  I shoot other stuff too for family and friends, but when I get to pick?  It's the Sigma SD15, their 70mm macro, and flowers.  Lots of 'em.  Take the whole thing very seriously.  In terms of my setup and work flow, I use a tripod with tilting feature, and only shoot in mirror up mode, with the wireless remote.  Frame & focus, click once for mirror up, then wait for wind/lighting and click again to snap the photo. Patience is key! I also take green pipe-cleaners out with me to stabilize the blossoms to part of the tripod to help with wind.  The whole operation seems crazy, even to me!

Anyhoo it's spring in the Northeastern United States, and I was finally able to clear a weekend to make it down to my stomping grounds/home turf in DC, the US Botanical Gardens.  Please enjoy.  Even moreso if it's not spring where you are--or, maybe you don't have seasons at all!  I'll be back there in a few weeks once new blossoms come in.

Best,
Elby

SDIM0382 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0398 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0353 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0339 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0342 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0330 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

SDIM0366 by MR.FEESH, on Flickr

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
Re: Spring Fun
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 12:15:58 am »

Lovely photos.

sarrasani

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 06:44:48 am »

3 and 4 are my favourites, because the better sharpness and their lack of OOF elements in the foreground.
Lovely colours, good quality bokeh.
All the best,
sandro
Film cameras (13X18, 2,4X3,6), digital-foveon and digital-mosaic cameras.
Only manual focus lenses.

7h3C47

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2015, 06:50:12 am »

Lovely photos.

3 and 4 are my favourites, because the better sharpness and their lack of OOF elements in the foreground.
Lovely colours, good quality bokeh.
All the best,
sandro

Very kind of you both, much appreciated and thank you for looking!
Pages: [1]   Go Up