Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: p45 internal battery for time and date  (Read 1490 times)

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
p45 internal battery for time and date
« on: April 24, 2015, 03:06:21 am »

I have a p45 back which I bought about 8 years ago when they first came out. I seem to remember reading somewhere that there is an internal battery for the time and date settings, which has a life of five years or so. And indeed,a couple of years ago it started asking me to set the time and date every time I turn the back on. Nothing major, but a bit annoying.
Does anyone here know what the solution may be. I imagine the only thing to do is to send the back to phase one. Has anyone had experience with this issue?
Thanks,
Stefan

siba

• http://www.stefansiba.com
Re: p45 internal battery for time and date
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 04:13:32 am »

OK. On the phase one site I came across the solution.
If you do not shoot tethered for a while the internal battery needs recharging. To do this you should tether your back for 24 hours and this should do the trick.

Chris Valites

• Capture Integration
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 03:57:08 pm »

If you do not shoot tethered for a while the internal battery needs recharging. To do this you should tether your back for 24 hours and this should do the trick.

Yep! We see this with our pre-owned backs and even some of our rental inventory.

Be sure to use a powered firewire hub to ensure proper power flow. While it may not be nearly as important for just simple trickle charging, power stability is variable, as explained here: https://captureintegration.com/tethering-the-weakest-links/
Chris Valites
Research, Marketing & Support, Capture Integration(e-mail Me)
MFDB: Phase One/Leaf-Mamiya/Hasselblad/Leica/Sinar
TechCam: Alpa/Cambo/Arca Swiss/Sinar
Direct: 716.913.7936

studio347

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 03:17:34 am »

yes, I had same experience with p65. My solution is to keep the p65 with the outside battery attached. Not all the time though~ Of course, power-off. I guess that somehow the outside battery gives some electricity to the back to keep the timer working. The tethering method didn't work for me. I think the internal battery issue is small but real one. The fact that this issue has not been corrected or recognised, might imply less perfect professionalism of phase one, since the issue has been known for years..., even though I have been a happy user of the phase one products. I'm not sure if this issue has been corrected for the newer IQ backs.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 03:29:45 am by studio347 »

beano_z

• f/13 photography
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2015, 12:37:10 am »

I've got the same problem, thanks for sharing the solution, so does it work?

BB
Pages: [1]   Go Up