Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR 6 vs CC (future developments)  (Read 956 times)

ihv

• http://www.flickr.com/ihv
LR 6 vs CC (future developments)
« on: April 23, 2015, 10:51:39 am »

I wonder, in the light of the new naming, whether these 2 get from now on a different update cycles i.e. the CC starts to get new features as soon as ready, the perpetual version only when it is decided the new version comes out.

For my personal preferences and I suppose for plenty of other users the LR is the only app what is needed.
For that there is apparently no option in the CC land, you get PS in addition whether you want it or not (using the LR only the monthly rental is suddenly much steeper).

As photography apps get more mature, there is much less need for a special software tailored to image artists.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 11:11:47 am by ihv »

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
Re: LR 6 vs CC (future developments)
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 03:14:11 pm »

The  original premise of the CC (subscription) model was to allow Adobe to deliver incremental features/improvements to the CC version of the software. So if Adobe is to keep faith with those who selected the subscription route, Adobe should deliver incremental improvements/features to LRCC. Thus I would expect to see LR CC and LR 6 to diverge in some way over the next year or so. LR 6 would always be perpetual license. I also assume that Adobe will keep its promise to keep LR perpetual license available and probably roll all the LR CC improvements into LR 7 2-3 years from now. After all it took 2 years to get to LR6.
I assume that Adobe will treat LR6 Perpetual the same way they have LR5--bug fixes, new cameras, new lenses, etc., but no new features.
No really big deal.
Les

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 04:02:12 pm »

so do all the "whats new features apply across CC and LR6? ...
..l..And if performance/speed and fine tune sliders are 90% of what I care about, have they improved enough to make the upgrade?
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 04:56:34 pm »

Try the free trial. You might find something you like.
For example, I thought face  recognition was more or less useless. But I've tried it and found it quite useful.
The new "new" features panoramas  and HDR are useful.
Les

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 05:26:34 pm »

Sometimes it's tiny features that make the difference. One that hasn't got much publicity is in tethered shooting where you can now add newly-shot images to a collection. On its own, so what? But then combine it with LrMobile sync - that collection may be one that is synced to Adobe's servers. It means that you can be shooting while a client in another office or town reviews the new pictures in their web browser. There could be more than one remote viewer, and an assistant could be using your iPad or your computer to make adjustments that appear on the others' screens.
Pages: [1]   Go Up