Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where did my history go?  (Read 859 times)

mburke

Where did my history go?
« on: April 23, 2015, 08:03:21 am »

When I go to my Develop mode in the basic panel (and others) the sliders have all moved but all it shows in the History panel is Imported and the date the catalog was updated in LR CC. I guess you can fool with the sliders but it would be nice to see your history. Is this normal behavior?

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
Re: Where did my history go?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 08:20:53 am »

No problems like that here since up upgrade. All previous history states are showing.

mburke

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:38:52 am »

Thanks. I double checked a lot of my photos and all I get is an import date in the History. The sliders are adjusted, but no idea of the history. Not all that important to me because the work is still there, but no idea of the order in which I did things

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 08:46:43 am »

History should be intact after the update. It is here for me on all my machines.

On a side note, the order in which develop settings are applied is largely unimportant. When Lightroom renders, it uses a prescribed order of applying the edits - regardless of the order in which you applied them.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

mburke

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 09:36:21 am »

Any ideas on how to get the history back? Should I re-import the old catalog?

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 09:51:35 am »

Did you re-import the pictures (or "import" the old catalog), or did you let the LR installation convert your old catalog when opening the LR6 for the first time? In case of the former you might lose the history, in case of the latter it should all be there.

Your old (LR5) catalog should still be there. So a work-around could be to delete your new LR6 catalog and again try to open the old (LR5) catalog and let LR6 do the conversion again.

As the other posters it worked flawlessly for me, I got my full history back.
pieter, aka pegelli

mburke

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 10:13:24 am »

That solved it. I opened my last backup and then in converted it to LRCC and the history states were there. Thanks for the help. I still have trouble with the locations and names of catalogs. I only use one catalog for everything or I'd really have a mess on my hands. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up