Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LuLa Video Tutorial on LR 6  (Read 1519 times)

Philip Weber

LuLa Video Tutorial on LR 6
« on: April 23, 2015, 01:39:52 am »

Does anyone know if there's a video tutorial coming on Lightroom 6? The previous ones were great...so here's hoping for one soon!

Thanks,
Phil

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: LuLa Video Tutorial on LR 6
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 02:00:41 am »

Does anyone know if there's a video tutorial coming on Lightroom 6? The previous ones were great...so here's hoping for one soon!

There's a plan to shoot a LR 6/CC in early May...not sure when the final video tuts will be available though. It will be a LR 6/CC update kinda like the LR 5 update was (we won't go through each and everything in LR).

Philip Weber

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 02:10:45 am »

Great, thanks for the update Jeff...I look forward to it.

Phil

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 06:26:32 am »

Yes, we have it on the calendar.  We will also do a C1 update at the time.  We have a number of videos in production or on the calendar.

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Philip Weber

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:49:13 am »

Thank you Kevin, it's great to know there are more in the queue.

Care to share what the others might be?  :)

PW

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 11:54:34 am »

There's a plan to shoot a LR 6/CC in early May...not sure when the final video tuts will be available though. It will be a LR 6/CC update kinda like the LR 5 update was (we won't go through each and everything in LR).

Will Eric Chan be putting in an appearance?

Damon Lynch

• http://www.damonlynch.net
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 12:12:08 pm »

Hi Kevin, in years gone by I purchased From Camera to Print, and the Lightroom 4 and 5 series too. Being able to save them locally so I can watch them whenever I want is very important to me. Indeed without that option I would never have purchased them. The resolution of these videos is 1280x738. I seem to recall that with the new store there will be an option to download and save videos, so they can be watched at any time, without an internet connection and without any subscription. What resolution will they be when they are saved for offline use?

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 01:07:10 pm »

To answer a few questions.  We hope Eric will be part at least joining us on Skype.  We are working all the details out but have a firm shooting date.  As far as downloading our videos that can be done and there is a download button under each video.  I am not sure of the resolution but I have downloaded them and they play great on my iPad.  Chris may be able to answer that question better for you.  As far as what is coming, we have a major 8 plus hour video coming and we will give more info on that real soon.  Chris is editing like mad.  We have completed a number of interviews, some coverage of Michael and I doing some shooting together, we have a new Kevin and Michael's Toy Box shot and we have some new camera tutorials in production. 

Now that the new site is finished and the new video site is working we are getting back to the fun stuff of making interesting content. 

Kevin Raber
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 03:14:42 pm »

... What resolution will they be when they are saved for offline use?

The Downloads are now designed for those who find it impossible to stream or need off-line viewing on a handheld device. The Download mp4 files are 640 px wide or 'SD'. While this is exactly half of the width of the highest resolution files available on a fast network, the resolution is certainly enough to read the LR interface etc. - but the highest quality will be by Progressive Download in your browser on a full-screen setting.

Chris S

Damon Lynch

• http://www.damonlynch.net
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 04:04:52 pm »

The Download mp4 files are 640 px wide or 'SD'. While this is exactly half of the width of the highest resolution files available on a fast network [snip]

It's also half of what we used to get with the former offline only system. Probably this works out better for some people, but I'm not one of them. I like being able to view good quality offline files using VLC. I found the 720p files LuLa once offered to be an excellent compromise between quality and file size. The quality makes the videos a pleasure to watch. SD quality on the other hand... I do believe the old sages referred to precisely this problem as "seeing through a glass darkly"  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up