Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug in Lr 6?  (Read 6599 times)

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
Bug in Lr 6?
« on: April 22, 2015, 01:40:19 pm »

I have a monitor attached to my laptop. In the develop module, when I use the second screen, Loupe Mode, I click on the image to enlarge from 'Fit' to '1-1'. That works. But when I click again to reduce image size to 'Fit' it often does nothing, staying at the enlarged size. Sometimes if i click around the image edge, the flat gray area, it will go back to fit in the window. Mostly it doesn't work and i have to click on Fit lower right hand corner.

Not a bug, but I saved/backed up my first Lr 6 catalog. Noticed it is now a zipped file. That saves some space.

Happy to see my old laptops nvidia card, geforce 8600m, being used for gpu. Didn't that would work. I'm still using a 2008 macbook pro, OS 10.9, 6gb of ram.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 04:44:38 pm by Morris Taub »

dreed

Another bug in Lr6
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 07:52:54 am »

Let me add to this...

Whilst attempting to mark 1 image as rejected by pressing "x" on the selected image I get 16 images all marked as rejected at the same time.

If I use the mouse to "Set Flag" then it works.

The "x" key normally works... but not right now...

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Re: Bug in Lr 6?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 06:27:57 am »

The x-key works for me and I have not seen this anomaly.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 02:31:16 am »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm also having a hard time in the crop tool area. Specifically when I try to rotate a photo. I try and rotate and there's this lag, like my computer gets the jitters. I move the image and then i wait as it moves in increments. While waiting I can't do anything with the program. And last night it just seemed stuck while moving between -8.06 and -8.07 or something like that.

I notice this in the develop module as well : when I pull the left or right panel out to make it bigger or back to make it smaller it isn't happening in real time. I pull the panel and it's like moving in slow motion till it gets to where I released it.

That's the thing with the rotate function now. Slow motion. I never had this kind of performance in any other Lr version. Kind of sorry I upgraded to this v6. A sign of things to come as Adobe is run for the shareholders and not the people who buy and use the software?

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 07:30:27 am »

I have a monitor attached to my laptop. In the develop module, when I use the second screen, Loupe Mode, I click on the image to enlarge from 'Fit' to '1-1'. That works. But when I click again to reduce image size to 'Fit' it often does nothing, staying at the enlarged size. Sometimes if i click around the image edge, the flat gray area, it will go back to fit in the window. Mostly it doesn't work and i have to click on Fit lower right hand corner.

Disappointed this bug wasn't fixed in latest update. I use magnifying in and out from 1/1 to fit while working all the time.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 02:35:32 pm »

A sign of things to come as Adobe is run for the shareholders and not the people who buy and use the software?

Why spoil a sensible query about a possible bug with such silliness? Adobe, like any publicly quoted company, is and has always been run for its shareholders: they own the company and the directors owe them a duty to maximise its profit. You may elect to dislike capitalism, but that's the way it works.

Anyway, how pleased do you imagine shareholders would be if profits plunge because the product is bad?

Jeremy

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 04:03:01 pm »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but I'm also having a hard time in the crop tool area. Specifically when I try to rotate a photo. I try and rotate and there's this lag, like my computer gets the jitters. I move the image and then i wait as it moves in increments. While waiting I can't do anything with the program. And last night it just seemed stuck while moving between -8.06 and -8.07 or something like that.

I notice this in the develop module as well : when I pull the left or right panel out to make it bigger or back to make it smaller it isn't happening in real time. I pull the panel and it's like moving in slow motion till it gets to where I released it.

That's the thing with the rotate function now. Slow motion. I never had this kind of performance in any other Lr version. Kind of sorry I upgraded to this v6. A sign of things to come as Adobe is run for the shareholders and not the people who buy and use the software?

What you are experiencing appears to be an issue of not enough video ram. Lightroom 6 requires 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high resolution monitors, such as 4K and 5K-resolution monitors.
Gerald J Skrocki

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 05:15:54 pm »

What you are experiencing appears to be an issue of not enough video ram. Lightroom 6 requires 1 GB of Video RAM (VRAM). 2 GB of dedicated VRAM is suggested for large, high resolution monitors, such as 4K and 5K-resolution monitors.

Thanks Jerry. I'm about to change this. Have a new macbook pro waiting for me to migrate my stuff to. Another few days and I'll see how she goes.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 05:29:53 am »

Jerry. You were right about all this. Finally have my new macbook pro hooked up and all the things I complained about, the bug I thought I found, all gone. I was wrong. My old macbook pro was just not capable of running Lightroom. It's early days yet for me, but Lr 6 is now a whole new 'good' experience.

Emile Gregoire

• My website
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 06:16:05 am »

I'm running LR 6 on a 2010 MBP with 512Mb VRAM without a single problem. I have GPU acceleration turned off, maybe that's it.

Morris Taub

• morristaubphotography
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:33:50 am »

I'm running LR 6 on a 2010 MBP with 512Mb VRAM without a single problem. I have GPU acceleration turned off, maybe that's it.

Hi Emile...until monday I was working with an early 2008 version mbp. 2.4ghz, 256 video ram, and 6gb of ram. Just not enough juice to make working in Lightroom viable. It did work through version 5 though. Even version 5 was getting a bit funky sometimes.

StuartOnline

• Travels Photographer Stuart Schaefer
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 09:51:34 am »

I also had all sorts of issues with the release of Lightroom CC (6) with performance.

Current system is:
MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012)
2.6 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB
512 GB Flash Drive

However I decided to turn off (uncheck) the "Use Graphic Processor" and most of my performance issues stopped.

Seems like there are a number of pros and cons https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1828580?start=0&tstart=0 about enabling the Graphic Processor.

Stu

Emile Gregoire

• My website
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 10:57:19 am »

Hi Emile...until monday I was working with an early 2008 version mbp. 2.4ghz, 256 video ram, and 6gb of ram. Just not enough juice to make working in Lightroom viable. It did work through version 5 though. Even version 5 was getting a bit funky sometimes.

Hi Morris! My reply wasn't directed at you or the problems you were experiencing but more to the statement that 1 Gb VRAM is needed for LR to work properly. My mbp works with half that and without problems.

I can imagine a 2008 mbp not cutting it any more and must admit I'd like a bit more speed when creating previews and exporting on my 2010 bmp, but it does all the tricks it should. Still, I'm amazed at how long a mbp remains current and up to the snuff. Especially with the insistence on Apple's part to do away with non-glossy screens and eliminating the possibility to upgrade hard disks, I plan to stick with this laptop for another couple of years.
Pages: [1]   Go Up