Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel a seminal moment approaching  (Read 783 times)

Jimbo57

I feel a seminal moment approaching
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:43:42 am »

Currently I am an exceptionally satisfied user of Lightroom 5.7 and Photoshop CS6 on an i7 PC with 16Gb RAM.

It seems to do everything that I ever wanted and does it at lightning speed.

BUT.... I have always been an early adopter of upgrades of just about everything.

Resisted the CC model up until now.

HOWEVER..... I am finding it difficult to justify spending £103 to upgrade from LR5.7 to LR6 when that money would buy virtually 12 months subscription to Adobe CC, thus giving me both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC.

I wonder if my resolve will endure until the end of the week???

stamper

Re: I feel a seminal moment approaching
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 11:13:32 am »

£103 isn't the correct price. The upgrade from 5.7 is £59.09.

Upgrade
I own:
Photoshop Lightro…
Platform:

Mac/Win
Language:
English
Delivery:

Download
Quantity:
£5909
Add

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:15:30 am by stamper »

Rhossydd

• http://www.paulholman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 12:44:38 pm »

12 months subscription to Adobe CC, thus giving me both Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC.
If you're happy with PS CS6, £60 for the upgrade to LR6 makes complete sense, especially with the longer upgrade cycles we're seeing now.
I haven't put LR6 on my main machine yet, but what I'm seeing on my laptop suggests it's a worthwhile upgrade and that doesn't benefit from any of the GPU enhancements. I'm quite happy on PS CS4 too.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 01:59:09 pm »

If you're happy with PS CS6, £60 for the upgrade to LR6 makes complete sense, especially with the longer upgrade cycles we're seeing now.

Indeed, after 2 years a subscription would have cost you ..., 4x as much? Of course that also does include access to Photoshop, but when you already have a perpetual license version, and do not really need the improvements of the latest version, you'd pay for something you don't really need.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Evanford

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 02:30:02 pm »

I'm in the same boat as the OP.  I was planning on switching to the CC model with LR 6 mainly for the benefit of integrating with my iPad via Lightroom Mobile.  However, after taking a look at that product it is so poor that I don't think I will bother making the switch.  Lr Mobile is far behind Snapseed and even Photoshop Express at editing images on a mobile device.  I'm very disappointed with LR Mobile. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up