Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom CC Now Released  (Read 18907 times)

tongelsing

Re: Lightroom CC Now Released
« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2015, 08:34:49 pm »

Dumb question maybe but how I do log out from the Creative Cloud. Is that the same as quitting CC.

I have the same problem. Installed LRcc via the cloud but it will not start up. I gives only in a short flash the welcome screen.
The problem occurred on my Mac desktop as well on my Mac laptop.

......Problem solved.....
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 08:38:18 pm by tongelsing »

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2015, 08:35:49 pm »

Pretty good video from Julieanne Kost on some of the new little features ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GZErV1m1uQ

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2015, 08:36:23 pm »

Dumb question maybe but how I do log out from the Creative Cloud. Is that the same as quitting CC.

I have the same problem. Installed LRcc via the cloud but it will not start up. I gives only in a short flash the welcome screen.
The problem occurred on my Mac desktop as well on my Mac laptop.

click the gear in the creative cloud window, and select preferences.  You'll see the sign out button.

SangRaal

« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2015, 07:48:42 am »

Thank you Wayne Fox your advice worked 2015CC up and running.

Rand47

« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »

Anyone else feel ... underwhelmed?

Not that the new features aren't welcome, of course, but I would have expected something more, I dunno, visionary, after almost two years.

Instead we get a podge of features from other programs that are either long overdue (such as face recog., performance increase) or borderline useful (HDR and pano no longer require a host program, which is nice, I guess, if you don't have PS or Elements).

The improvments to the Slide Show module are appreciated, and the adjustment brush to mask out portions of gradients is a very worthwhile additoin - as for the rest, including facial recognition, meh...

It seems as though in so many areas of the digital world we're approaching, or have reached, plateaus of performance. 

Not a complaint, just not as exciting as the heady days of huge jumps foward with every incremental release.  Our tools are pretty mature.  Amazing how easy it is to take for granted the sea change of the last few years.

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2015, 05:42:56 pm »

It seems as though in so many areas of the digital world we're approaching, or have reached, plateaus of performance. 
That's my impression too. Been in this from the beginning (couple months after Photoshop 1 first shipped). It seemed every X number of months, something really new came along in hardware and software.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

tom.rutherfoord

« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2015, 05:46:54 pm »

How do you install this? I have Creative Cloud but when I try to update it says it's installing Lightroom 5???

You have to sign out and back into the Creative Cloud app before it will show up

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2015, 09:27:35 pm »

I must be missing something. I downloaded and installed the new components of Lr5 (CC) and my Creative Cloud monitor says Lr is up to date. But, when I open Lr, it does not say Lr CC, it says Lr 5.7 and none of the new feature are available. I've gone through the process three times and it is still the same.

When I go to Help>Check for Updates, the display says new software is available. Apparently I am opening the old version. How do you open the new version?

Update: I have a new Lightroom button in my start bar. Clicking on it does nothing. However, right clicking on it shows the properties, which say it was installed yesterday. So, I assume this is the shortcut to open Lightroom CC, but it does not work. Now what?

Update: I found this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/unable-launch-lightroom-55.html, followed the instructions and it solved the problem.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 01:48:23 pm by Remo Nonaz »
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #88 on: May 03, 2015, 09:43:26 pm »

I've been trying to serialize it to run as a perpetual product, but it doesn't seem to be possible.  In fact, when I posted the question on Lightroom Journal, Jeff Tranberry said that I would have to quit my CC membership in order to serialize LR6. 
Have you tried using a different Adobe ID for your perpetual licence? Maybe that would get around the issue?
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 06:24:49 am »

No. Following the information in the link provided solved the issue. I have Windows Autoplay open Lr5 yesterday when I went to do an import. I think I need to uninstall Lr5 to fix this issue.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up