Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac OS 10.10.x and Epson driver with Colorsync  (Read 1162 times)

Erland

Mac OS 10.10.x and Epson driver with Colorsync
« on: April 21, 2015, 02:09:20 am »

Good Day!

Since 10.10.2 I believe, I had a problem sometimes, where all of a sudden my printer prints grey tones as green. I've read something about colorsync in 10.10.x can cause problems, so I just wanted to see if anybody else exhibits this or similar problems?

Also, my workaround is to first open Colorsync before printing. And then when In photoshop, first choose that Printer driver handles the colors instead of PS, and just resync all the settings in the driver with colorsync, and no profiles etc. Then exit the drivers window, and choose that PS handles colors.

Perhaps it is better to print from my GF's Windows laptop until this problem is solved.

Kind Regards!
Marcus
Service Technician Digital Printers and Peripherals.
Epson Stylus Photo 1400.

Mac Mahon

Re: Mac OS 10.10.x and Epson driver with Colorsync
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2015, 05:42:32 pm »

Marcus

No problems printing from 10.10.2 onto my Epson 3880 here.   I'd be surprised if Colorsync is the issue.
Not an intermittent magenta blockage is it?  You've tried nozzle checks and head cleaning etc??

If the issue is with s/w in the Mac somewhere, printing from your GF's machine may help.  If the issue is in the printer, printing with your GF's machine will confirm it.  Can't hurt (other than your pride!)

Cheers

Tim 

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2015, 09:56:17 pm »

Colorsync shouldn't even be involved in the process. I've not heard or seen this. 

Not sure what your workflow and settings look like, but seems like something is wrong if doing something with colorsync fixes it.

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 04:00:32 am »

No problem at all, printing on a 3800 and running OS X 10.10.3.
Francois

Farmer

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 07:21:21 pm »

Sounds like it's a workflow issue.  If you can detail your exact and complete workflow (normally, not the workaround), I'm sure we can spot the problem.
Phil Brown

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 07:23:06 pm »

I too have had zero issues with 10.10.3 to an Epson 3880 and a number of Canon and Epson multipurpose printers of which I've built custom profiles and used their supplied profiles.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".
Pages: [1]   Go Up