Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: L bracket for D810 which allows use of BM-12 cover  (Read 1472 times)

KMRennie

L bracket for D810 which allows use of BM-12 cover
« on: April 20, 2015, 03:28:07 pm »

Does anyone know of an Arca Swiss compatible L bracket that will allow me to use a BM-12 LCD cover on a Nikon D810?

Thanks Ken

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
Re: L bracket for D810 which allows use of BM-12 cover
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 03:44:33 pm »

How about an Arca-Swiss L-bracket? It's what I use

Jim Metzger

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 06:50:20 pm »

The RRS regular "L" plate BD810-L will accommodate the LCD cover however you have to loosen the bracket if you want to remove the cover. I got the quick release BW107 wing screw with my bracket for this reason

Jim

dwswager

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2015, 07:45:34 pm »

The RRS regular "L" plate BD810-L will accommodate the LCD cover however you have to loosen the bracket if you want to remove the cover. I got the quick release BW107 wing screw with my bracket for this reason

Jim

Same for me!  D810 and the RRS w/ wing nut.

KMRennie

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 07:57:52 pm »

Thank you all for the replies. I have found a Dutch company with them in stock so that makes importing them into the UK easier.

Ken

dwswager

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2015, 10:03:15 pm »

I want to add that I own and have used forever an Arca Swiss B1 head and still enjoy it.  Their stuff is well designed and well made.  However, they are not inclined to make camera specific plates and brackets.  And so their stuff was never widely supported.  Then RRS started using the original Arca Swiss Plate and clamp design and marketed custom brackets.  RRS efforts, along with Kirk enterprises, made the original Arca Swiss design into a standard.  Then Arca Swiss decides to change their plate and clamp design throwing the whole Arca Swiss compatible statement into disarray. Hence, I studiously avoid supporting the NEW Arca Swiss design.  I might end up with a P0 and will buy it without a clamp and add a RRS clamp to it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up