Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there some way to stop C1 from loading on reboot  (Read 1569 times)

Lundberg02

Is there some way to stop C1 from loading on reboot
« on: April 20, 2015, 01:29:29 am »

I have C1 Express 7, and it has started loading every time I reboot in Mac 10.9.5. I have looked in Login Items, StartupItems, launch Agents, Launch Daemons, and C1 Preferences and have found nothing that would cause this to happen. I don't much care for C1 because I hate forced catalogging, and this just adds to  possible growing hatred.

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Is there some way to stop C1 from loading on reboot
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »

Just delete and reinstall.
But when you delete make sure to get EVERYTHING.
There are some hidden files in the library that have to go as well. Make sure when you get rid of them, empty the trash before you reinstall.
You may have to reboot in order to delete them from the trash.
If you like C1's raw conversion, then upgrade to 8 Pro. You can then use sessions. It doesn't force you to use the catalog.

Here's the uninstall instructions:
http://www.phaseone.com/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1167&LanguageID=1

Lundberg02

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 12:23:26 am »

If I uninstall, I won't reinstall. I would have to have a powerful motive to buy 8.2 even at a discount as a previous owner.  I like Iridient and I don't see Capture 1 as a  destination app.  Thanks for the info. I should actually try a an 8.2 demo before rejecting it out of hand, I suppose.

francois

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 03:51:06 am »

I have C1 Express 7, and it has started loading every time I reboot in Mac 10.9.5. I have looked in Login Items, StartupItems, launch Agents, Launch Daemons, and C1 Preferences and have found nothing that would cause this to happen. I don't much care for C1 because I hate forced catalogging, and this just adds to  possible growing hatred.

Is C1 also launching when you use another user account?
Francois

Jens Peermann

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2015, 04:06:51 pm »

When shutting down the Mac, a dialog box will ask you "Reopen windows when logging back in?", along with the choices to "Restart", "Sleep", "Cancel" or "Shut Down". Make sure the "Reopen windows..." option is unchecked.
Pages: [1]   Go Up