Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3100 Not printing entire print  (Read 640 times)

KevinMcD

Z3100 Not printing entire print
« on: April 18, 2015, 04:54:49 pm »

I'm trying to print a 14 x 19 inch print on 17 x 22 inch paper on my 24 inch Z3100.  I have chosen page size C on sheet media and everything seems to be alright.  However as we get near the end of the printing, the printer stops, does a little puttering of the printhead for a few minutes, then it returns to printing all the way across the paper but comes up an inch short from the end of the print.  I have tried printing a bit larger (15 x 20) and it still stops before the end of the image, although a half of an inch further from the end of the paper.  Any ideas as to what could be going on?  I am running the latest HP software for Mac 10.10, which was just updated on the April 14th.

KevinMcD

Re: Z3100 Not printing entire print
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:02:29 pm »

One other piece of information, I'm getting a borderless printing not possible System Error message when printing begins even though I have not chosen borderless printing in the paper setting dialogue.  I have size C (17 x 22) on sheet media checked.

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Z3100 Not printing entire print
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 04:27:44 am »

Hai maybe this will help:

You are printing sheets, so :
did you let the printer check the skew or not?
If you do not let the printer check the skew it does not exactly know how long the paper is and stops printing too early. Otherwise it will do as it claimed when choosing the papersize.
( you find the uncheck skew option in the menu:  setup/printer preferences/paper options.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up