Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Ipf6300 disable the auto cleaning when goes to print after siting?  (Read 3644 times)

cengell

Hello All, I have a Canon Ipf6300 and when it sits for a month or 2 or more (I know I should not let it set and have already put a new head in it) I leave it on and the latest FW and have not heard it do a cleaning but my question is when I go to print a nozzle check it takes sometime doing a cleaning and check how the nozzles are firing, is there a way under Service Mode to turn off that procedure when I got to do a nozzle check or print where I can see the condition?

I know that is part of Canon's check and cleaning but sounds like lots of ink is wasted?

What do anyone suggest?

Thanks
Christopher

Landscapes

There is a setting to disable the auto nozzle check, which you may already have turned off.  I find that when the printer sits for any more than 2 days, the first thing it wants to do is a quick clean or nozzle check.  As long as I print out a nozzle check or do a small print every second day, then I can circumvent this procedure, but if I wait for 3 days, bam, I've missed the window of opportunity. 

I have a 6400 now, and it has great account software so I can monitor this better going forward as it gives a nice total ink count value, but I use it almost every day so I'm not sure if  I will come up with numbers for how much ink is wasted after non use for 3 days and how much ink is actually used between the last time it was used, and after the auto nozzle check and clean.  I imagine this clean cycle isn't the same as a clean cycle A which wastes about 10ml of ink.  It probably just spits out a bit of ink, but I have no numbers.  It probably though is much safer to just print a nozzle check every two days or at least an 8x10 print which is only 1 ml of ink because I do fear those cleans actually waste more ink than what you would use yourself to print a bit every two days.

Pete Berry

An Interesting iPF Message...
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 02:11:35 pm »

I've had iPF's going on eight years - now a 5100, and my printing is somewhat irregular, with an occasional 4-6wks absence when traveling. It's always left on.

Several days ago when walking by the printer I caught the never-before-seen-brief flash of "Checking Temp. and Humidity" on the LCD screen. This was not followed by a cleaning cycle. So it appears that it has the brilliant function of tracking ambient conditions to determine cleaning cycle frequency. Any other printers with this?

Living in the Monterey Peninsula area - land of fog and year round highs in the sixties except occasional 70-80's in the spring and fall, and 50's in winters, with very little heating/no AC - I been amazed at the low ink consumption due to cleanings, with 60% maint. tank capacity left after 2.5 years, this falling from 80% after initial installation/priming/cleanings. Aside from the initial one after setup, I've never had cause to print another nozzle check. I do monitor possible printer drift by printing two unmodified test images every several months - Digigods' orignial with the lovely lady in the magenta blouse, and the Outback Photo color image. So far, just the same ol' beautiful prints!

Pete

enduser

Something else the Canons do is a high frequency push/pull of ink in and out of the carts when the screen says "Agitating". So don't pull the carts out to shake them, just leave the machine in sleep mode.

keithcooper

• Northlight Images

Something else the Canons do is a high frequency push/pull of ink in and out of the carts when the screen says "Agitating". So don't pull the carts out to shake them, just leave the machine in sleep mode.
Our iPF8300 is in a room next to the bathroom. Not long after I'd got it, it woke up and did its ink shaking dance, at about 3:30 in the morning just as my wife passed the print room...

Not amused :-) :-)

cengell

Thanks everyone!  :D

Christopher
Pages: [1]   Go Up