Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alaska in July  (Read 3879 times)

John Campbell

Alaska in July
« on: January 29, 2006, 07:46:08 pm »

We are going to Alaska in July.  We will be flying into Seattle and possibly traveling the Alaska Marine Highway.  Hopefully, up to Anchorage and Denali.  Any tips traveling the Alaska Marine Highway?

John Campbell

Hank

Alaska in July
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 10:44:10 pm »

Reserve a stateroom NOW!

akclimber

Alaska in July
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 08:44:09 pm »

Reserve a stateroom NOW!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57086\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

LOL yes, reserve a stateroom.  Otherwise, it'll be a grueling, noisy trip with little or no privacy.  I haven't done the inside passage for years.  The last time I did was in a tent taped down onto the back deck of the boat.  It was a fun adventure but I don't think they allow that anymore (and now that I'm 15 years older, it'd be less fun anyway).  Staterooms make a nice oasis away from the on board summertime throngs.

As far as photo tips for SE AK, I live in Juneau and can help with some suggestions.  What are you primarily interested in photographing/knowing?

CHeers!

John Campbell

Alaska in July
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 10:55:56 am »

LOL yes, reserve a stateroom.  Otherwise, it'll be a grueling, noisy trip with little or no privacy.  I haven't done the inside passage for years.  The last time I did was in a tent taped down onto the back deck of the boat.  It was a fun adventure but I don't think they allow that anymore (and now that I'm 15 years older, it'd be less fun anyway).  Staterooms make a nice oasis away from the on board summertime throngs.

As far as photo tips for SE AK, I live in Juneau and can help with some suggestions.  What are you primarily interested in photographing/knowing?

CHeers!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=57140\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up