Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used Pentax 645d  (Read 1022 times)

alexluuphoto

Used Pentax 645d
« on: April 17, 2015, 02:04:23 pm »

Hey guys I just recently a Pentax 645d with a Fa 45mm and fa 150mm 2.8. I haven't gotten much to play with it, but I got to shoot my friend for like 10 minutes. I also have a Sony a7r with just the 55mm 1.8 zeiss attached. I shot a couple of headshots and noticed that the Sony was a lot sharper. I don't know if it's the lens I was using on my Pentax. I had the 150mm attached and shot both of the lenses at 5.6. Things I did notice from the Pentax was that there was a lot less red in the skin tone and that there was a shallow depth of field at 5.6 due to the sensor being bigger. I processed both using Adobe raw and notice the wb a little warmer on my Pentax using the same temperature of 5500 einsteins. Since I didn't have the Pentax to long I couldn't set a custom white balance with a grey card. I am indeed a big noob since I've only had this camera for less then an hour before shooting haha. So do I just set it to custom 1 and shoot a picture of a grey card and it'll autimatically show make a custom profile for me? Lots of newbie questions I know :P but much help appreciated good sirs

Telecaster

Re: Used Pentax 645d
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 04:35:08 pm »

Just one warning: the FA 45mm is a thoroughly mediocre lens. Stopped down in the f/11 range I found it usable…otherwise not so much. (I ended up getting rid of mine.) The FA 150mm is a fine lens provided it's in proper working order. You may need to tweak the focus calibration if you're getting soft-ish images at f/5.6.

-Dave-
Pages: [1]   Go Up