Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9900 single sheet feed sizing problem  (Read 1453 times)

Mike Guilbault

• Mike Guilbault Photography
Epson 9900 single sheet feed sizing problem
« on: April 16, 2015, 03:57:29 pm »

I thought I had posted this before, but can't find the original thread. It's been a while since I've had to print on sheets. When I print on rolls, my prints come out exactly as sized in Lightroom. Lately however, when I print on sheets, the image is coming out smaller... about 1/2" shorter in length and 1/4" shorter in height on a 12x18 image on 13x19 paper.  I'm using the same set up in LR that I've always used but for some reason the sheet fed paper is printing smaller.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:00:43 pm by Mike Guilbault »
Mike Guilbault

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: Epson 9900 single sheet feed sizing problem
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »

Maybe there's a default setting of "fit on page" you weren't aware of? Sometimes updated programs change to some defaults without notice. I'd also check the printable area specs with that driver. LR update may have changed printing defaults also without notice. Sometimes the "centering" option reduces the printable size. On my 9900 I use the Colorbyte rip and haven't had your problem...and I don't think there is an Epson console option that will cause that.
I'm guessing there is no LR warning such as "won't fit on selected page size".

Mike Guilbault

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2015, 10:14:08 pm »

I thought of those things but everything looks in order.

I was on the phone with Epson for about 90 minutes and we couldn't figure out the problem. The last thing to try is to change from ethernet cable connection to USB which I'll do tomorrow afternoon when I'm back in the shop.

The last time this happened, I was trying to print a 17" wide image on 13x19 paper. I ended up using the Super A3/B centering (or something like that) paper size and it worked. This size creates .56" margins at each end (horizontally positioned paper) which still worked ok because of the 17" image. This time I was trying to print an 18" image which of course won't fit with those margins.  I tried a custom paper size, but the whole image came out about 1/2" smaller as mentioned above.

We trashed the Epson folder and reinstalled the driver, and now I'm getting a Filter error which I believe I asked about in an earlier post. So here we go again.
Mike Guilbault

hugowolf

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:36 pm »

Do you have the printer set for 3 mm borders? You still get a 0.56" trailing edge border, but the other three sides should be different.

Brian A.

tlm

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2015, 12:25:02 pm »

well, atleast you arent alone, i too have some problems getting sizing right on sheet printing and epson phone support is a mess  ::)

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2015, 01:43:35 pm »

Maybe some screen shots of the printer dialog boxes and your Lightroom panel?  I print on 13x19, 17x22, and 24x30 sheets all the time without any issues like this.

hugowolf

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2015, 10:31:51 pm »

Maybe some screen shots of the printer dialog boxes and your Lightroom panel?  I print on 13x19, 17x22, and 24x30 sheets all the time without any issues like this.

Yep, I print everything from US letter to US ARCH D (24" x 36"), without anything but the occasional skewing problem.

Brian A

Mike Guilbault

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 12:42:28 pm »

It's taken me all morning, but I finally have an acceptable image size (been working on a 12x18 on 13x19 sheets). It's not perfect... for example, I can't put a stroke on the image because the stroke won't print on the tail end of the image. I had to create a custom page size of 13x20", no margins in the page setup area, but with a right margin of 1.025" in Lightroom.  If I go to even 1.05", the image isn't centred anymore and any less of a right margin the image is cut off.

This is very frustrating. You should be able to select 13x19 sheets and print a 12x18 image perfectly centred, should't you?!!
Mike Guilbault

Pete Berry

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2015, 01:17:21 pm »

It's taken me all morning, but I finally have an acceptable image size (been working on a 12x18 on 13x19 sheets). It's not perfect... for example, I can't put a stroke on the image because the stroke won't print on the tail end of the image. I had to create a custom page size of 13x20", no margins in the page setup area, but with a right margin of 1.025" in Lightroom.  If I go to even 1.05", the image isn't centred anymore and any less of a right margin the image is cut off.

This is very frustrating. You should be able to select 13x19 sheets and print a 12x18 image perfectly centred, should't you?!!

Canon iPF printers have a 3mm all 'round margin option for sheets, but some media types are excluded , mainly "fine art matte", leaving the large trailing edge margin. By substituting "Prem. Matte Paper" the option returns, and I can't see any difference in the printing. What media type are you using?

Pete

tlm

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2015, 01:24:34 pm »

if you find the solution to this, please share ... finding it impossible to resolve this with epson support

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2015, 02:24:32 pm »

Here is the same problem on my 9900.
I will spare you all the details but here is a metal print inside a cutout.
The only way to print borderless on those non borderless size sheets.
For some reason it prints a 1/2" less then the settings say it will??
Pages: [1]   Go Up