Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ongoing new media import over ride problem  (Read 1602 times)

rcdurston

• http://www.durstonphoto.com/
Ongoing new media import over ride problem
« on: April 15, 2015, 05:48:51 pm »

I'm on a Mac, in OS 10.10.4 using C1 (8.2.1) only as an occasional RAW processor. I ingest using LR.
My problem is that every form of media I use, I reset the "opening application" box in "Image Capture" to "no application".
When I come back after a shoot and put the media in a card reader (tried different readers), C1 always launches. This happens with CF, SD and Micro SD from Canon, Pentax and GoPro.
It is very frustrating.
Is there a hack to prevent C1 from launching, period, when I put media in?
I've looked around but can't find anything pertaining to this problem.

Thanks
Rob

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Ongoing new media import over ride problem
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 05:53:32 pm »

I'm on a Mac, in OS 10.10.4 using C1 (8.2.1) only as an occasional RAW processor. I ingest using LR.
My problem is that every form of media I use, I reset the "opening application" box in "Image Capture" to "no application".
When I come back after a shoot and put the media in a card reader (tried different readers), C1 always launches. This happens with CF, SD and Micro SD from Canon, Pentax and GoPro.
It is very frustrating.
Is there a hack to prevent C1 from launching, period, when I put media in?
I've looked around but can't find anything pertaining to this problem.

Thanks
Rob
odd.  C1 never launches for me when I insert  media card.  Perhaps the image capture preference file is corrupt so the change isn’t getting saved?

BTW, are you saying you’ve already installed the developer beta release of 10.10.4 which I think was released yesterday? If so, you are a brave soul ...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 05:55:33 pm by Wayne Fox »

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: Ongoing new media import over ride problem
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 12:43:11 am »

You could try deleting the plist for C1, then telling it again, not to launch.
This solution was pulled outta my ass, so treat it with the respect it deserves. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up