Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turning An Idea Into A Photographic Product – Macro Lighting Tool  (Read 972 times)

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro

I read with interest the article about the Macro Lighting tool, which looks really useful.

However, just by chance I came across this just launched product, the Flexible Macro Twin Flash KX800 from Venus (a company that recently launched a "particualr" macro lens)
http://www.venuslens.net/product/macro-twin-flash-kx-800/

Coincidence? They are not exactly the same product, but to me it seems that one product is inspired in the other.

Dale Villeponteaux

Re: Turning An Idea Into A Photographic Product – Macro Lighting Tool
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 11:46:54 am »

Coincidence, a leak or an idea whose time has come? The Venus version, however, is both more expensive and more limited than the Adaptalux version. I joined the kickstarter campaign for an item that has that fits my needs (or as my wife points out, wants) as an amateur and has accessories that expand its function.

Regards,
Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.

trichardlin

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 12:38:36 pm »

Or, if you are the DIY type, you can put together a kit with parts from eBay: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/fiber-optic-light-source

It's not exactly portable, nor LED light source, but they work in a studio setting.

mlewis

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 07:47:26 am »

Coincidentally this week's Amateur Photographer magazine, a UK publication, has a article on making a DIY macro light similar to this product using a USB battery back and some cheap USB LED bulbs on flexible arms.
Pages: [1]   Go Up