Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujispray air cap size for PremierArt Print Shield  (Read 673 times)

JETraeber

Fujispray air cap size for PremierArt Print Shield
« on: April 13, 2015, 12:17:41 am »

I've been working with Canson Platine fibre rag coated with PremierArt's Print Shield for unglazed mounted images.  I like the finished results, but the spray pattern from the cans of print shield leaves a lot to be desired.  I have a Fujispray MiniMite 3 that I use for spraying canvas that works quite well.  If I do much more of the coated Platine I'd much prefer to spray with a setup that offers better control of the spray pattern and maybe reduce the overspray a bit.

I use the 1.3mm air cap for water based coatings, but I know I'll need something smaller for the Print Shield.  Anyone used Print Shield with a Fujispray and a T-series spray gun?  My best guess at this point would be the 1.0mm air cap, but who knows, this stuff is so thin that maybe the 0.8mm would be better...

The roots of most nonsense are found in the fact that people are more specialized than problems.

Some Guy

Re: Fujispray air cap size for PremierArt Print Shield
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 12:50:29 am »

I believe my Sata MiniJet 3 gun has a 0.8 tip in it for PrintShield.  I know I had to order the smaller nozzle after the OEM one was too big and splattery.

You found as I did the PS stuff is very watery and I set it up using acetone as a cleaner and for a test spray pattern.  It seems to flow about the same.  Nice that it flows out well against some Krylon in a spray can which sputters, and even better than Marshall's SureGuard which is my old spray can favorite.  I do it outdoors with the Sata as the mist is very fine and remains airborne for a long while.

SG

JETraeber

Re: Fujispray air cap size for PremierArt Print Shield
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 09:54:43 pm »

Thanks for the info.  Good to know about the viscosity comparison with acetone... that's really thin stuff.  I'm leaning much more toward the 0.8mm setup now.  I found a materials safety notice for print shield and the specific gravity is almost a dead-on match with acetone.
The roots of most nonsense are found in the fact that people are more specialized than problems.
Pages: [1]   Go Up