Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 27   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent Format Agnostic Professional Works  (Read 283384 times)

amateur

Re: Recent Format Agnostic Professional Works
« Reply #460 on: October 22, 2015, 05:31:13 am »

I photographed this showroom kitchen for a client earlier this week. My back was right up against the wall, and the shot was slightly cropped to fit the layout better. 24mm tilt and shift lens and 4 or 5x speedlite flashes.

I would appreciate it if the interior and architecture pros can tell me how I could improve on this....I work with very low budgets and no assistants and usually spend quite some time afterwards fixing the ceilings, colour balance etc etc

haefnerphoto

• http://www.jameshaefner.com
« Reply #461 on: October 22, 2015, 08:46:16 pm »

I photographed this showroom kitchen for a client earlier this week. My back was right up against the wall, and the shot was slightly cropped to fit the layout better. 24mm tilt and shift lens and 4 or 5x speedlite flashes.

I would appreciate it if the interior and architecture pros can tell me how I could improve on this....I work with very low budgets and no assistants and usually spend quite some time afterwards fixing the ceilings, colour balance etc etc

I think the view and light look good.  The propping should be cut in half I'd say though, way too many items that distract from the design.  Also, I would have shot a version with the two hanging lamps on and tried a bracket using only the existing light to blend in if it looks better.

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #462 on: October 23, 2015, 06:56:32 am »

To add to the excellent points above, the chairs on left being slightly cropped is what caught my eye as did the fruit bowl as it's a bit hot and dominating size wise.
Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

amateur

« Reply #463 on: October 23, 2015, 10:34:42 am »

Thanks all for your superb suggestions! I agree on everything you guys had to say and I will keep it in mind for next time..

Agreed on the styling, its just too much imo also, but it was the way the client wanted it as its his showroom.

Thanks for the tips re the black card to kill the oven reflections.

Yes, I will remember to remove that darn flash!

As its a showroom the ceilings are very low, lower than usual, but agreed that they are too low.

I had a look at all your websites and I must say I got good advice from superb photographers...Thanks again!

sam@

« Reply #464 on: October 25, 2015, 07:02:01 am »

Late to discussion as usual -

I agree as per the comments by Paul and James,
- less props (is the client selling the kitchen or props?)
- if that distance / angle really is that tight I would sacrifice a little floor and include more ceiling to help reduce that falling forward effect
- watch those little details - fingerprints on table, equipment behind counter, etc..

Pretty good image overall though!

Regards

Sam

JoeKitchen

« Reply #465 on: October 30, 2015, 12:47:13 pm »

Posted these in the MF sub-forum as well; meant to post them here actually.  This is a french chocolate retailer we shot in Manhattan last week. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

JoeKitchen

« Reply #466 on: October 30, 2015, 12:51:52 pm »

Here are couple more from my continuing exploration of still life. 

Bonus points to whomever can name the spices and the wood they are resting on.  (Hint on the wood, that is its natural color, it has not been stained.)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 01:01:33 pm by JoeKitchen »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #467 on: November 01, 2015, 12:10:23 pm »

Shot this bear of an image yesterday.  The amount of light I had to pump through that bottle to get it to glow was immense.  I used 5 strobes, 2 tungsten fresnels, 8 to 10 candles (both in and just out of set), plenty of gold foil and mirrors, and a 2 second exposure. 

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #468 on: November 06, 2015, 09:21:21 am »

Black Camera

Black Camera

Black Camera and the closest I'll ever get to a landscape photo

BC

How in the world could you sell a professional image with that much noise? [/sarcasm]. :).

That's an interesting series of images for you James.
Craig Lamson Photo

JoeKitchen

« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2015, 12:50:25 pm »

Black Camera

Black Camera

Black Camera and the closest I'll ever get to a landscape photo

BC

These are pretty damn sweet!  The noise in the ceiling in the first one does bother me a bit though.  Maybe bring just the ceiling down a half stop? 

Please tell me you were actually in a helicopter for these.  A model who can also fly a chopper, that's one interesting casting call. 

Craig Lamson

« Reply #470 on: November 06, 2015, 04:44:30 pm »

Boy you people are picky.  I actually like the noise in the large images, but for you guys it's gone. 

These three images are out of lightroom wit no photoshop work yet.   Obviously when we get to finals they will go through more post.

This is a difficult project to explain.  We had this session on the schedule but due to normal stuff, we took off late and were quickly in available darkness or close to it.

I had about 11 minutes to prepare and have a harness and was tethered in, which was good because sometimes it would be as smooth as a jetliner, sometimes it was a like being tossed in a blender.

These guys were good and loved to hot rod around, maybe just to see how much we could endure.   

We pulled 16 hour shoot days,  with two hours of pre pro in the morning, 2 at night, traveled with 4 vehicles 1800 miles and came out of the trucks with cameras in hand, including the REDs, the Sony A7SII, a 70d and the 1dx.

The 1dx was obviously for stills but every session with movement was shot in long bursts as we are tasked at cutting together a cut frame video so just going through the count, we shot 25,696 still frames  and 10 hours of motion footage in 5 days shooting 3 days travel.

It's been two days since we wrapped and most of the crew is still sleeping.

The hardest part of this project is the editing of what I like and divorcing myself from the difficulty of the shot to the artistic value and storyline.

The little Sony for video was great, though we did destroy one lens and was as careful as possible with it, the 1dx was amazing and with what it went through I was sure it would just die, but it kept on.

IMO

BC

James. I actually liked the noise, I was being silly. Still a really different type of shoot for you and your got some great images. 
Craig Lamson Photo

ACH DIGITAL

• http://www.achdigital.com
« Reply #471 on: November 06, 2015, 07:26:45 pm »

Boy you people are picky.  I actually like the noise in the large images, but for you guys it's gone. 

These three images are out of lightroom wit no photoshop work yet.   Obviously when we get to finals they will go through more post.

This is a difficult project to explain.  We had this session on the schedule but due to normal stuff, we took off late and were quickly in available darkness or close to it.

I had about 11 minutes to prepare and have a harness and was tethered in, which was good because sometimes it would be as smooth as a jetliner, sometimes it was a like being tossed in a blender.

These guys were good and loved to hot rod around, maybe just to see how much we could endure.   

We pulled 16 hour shoot days,  with two hours of pre pro in the morning, 2 at night, traveled with 4 vehicles 1800 miles and came out of the trucks with cameras in hand, including the REDs, the Sony A7SII, a 70d and the 1dx.

The 1dx was obviously for stills but every session with movement was shot in long bursts as we are tasked at cutting together a cut frame video so just going through the count, we shot 25,696 still frames  and 10 hours of motion footage in 5 days shooting 3 days travel.

It's been two days since we wrapped and most of the crew is still sleeping.

The hardest part of this project is the editing of what I like and divorcing myself from the difficulty of the shot to the artistic value and storyline.

The little Sony for video was great, though we did destroy one lens and was as careful as possible with it, the 1dx was amazing and with what it went through I was sure it would just die, but it kept on.

IMO

BC

Super interesting story BC.
Antonio Chagin
www.achdigital.com

Craig Lamson

« Reply #472 on: November 09, 2015, 01:49:00 pm »

A bit out of my Wheelhouse...

Part of a series of photos of a rooftop Bonsai garden.

Canon 1Ds3, 17-40L

Craig Lamson Photo

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #473 on: November 13, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »

Private residence, Santa Fe, NM:

« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:07:07 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

alatreille

• Between the Buildings
« Reply #474 on: November 13, 2015, 02:08:23 pm »

I was in Calgary over remembrance day so decided to go and visit Sir Norm and the Bow.

Shot on the 5dsr +TSE 17 and the Pentax 645z + FA150/2.8 handheld
Architectural Photographer
http://www.andrewlatreille.com

NickCroken

« Reply #475 on: November 18, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »

This ended up on the cover of this Artists album.  D810 + 135 f/2

JoeKitchen

« Reply #476 on: November 19, 2015, 02:07:36 pm »

I was in Calgary over remembrance day so decided to go and visit Sir Norm and the Bow.

Shot on the 5dsr +TSE 17 and the Pentax 645z + FA150/2.8 handheld

Those are nice.  I like the overall in color; the details work very well as black and white. 

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #477 on: November 21, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »

Got the news tonight:

BobDavid

« Reply #478 on: November 22, 2015, 02:29:22 am »

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator