Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tripod suggestions?  (Read 9936 times)

Herbc

Re: Tripod suggestions?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 10:55:32 am »

should have read Arca D4 for the geared head.

mikeodial

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2015, 04:58:13 pm »

How about the Induro CT-314 8X Carbon Tripod 4 Section 74-Inch and the FEISOL CT-3442 Tournament Rapid Carbon Fiber Tripod? I am considering both for landscape. The Feisol seems to be a better travel tripod but not sure it's stable enough.

mikeodial

« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2015, 02:58:49 pm »

Ended up getting a great deal on a discontinued new Induro CT404 for less than $350 at Hunts photo in Melrose, MA

http://www.amazon.com/Induro-Tripods-474-404-Carbon-Tripod/dp/B00K2YO3S4

They still have a lot at this price which is much less than I have seen. I will be using this with my Acratech Ballhead.

Ken Doo

• Carmel Fine Art Printing & Reproduction
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2015, 11:16:07 am »

Ken,

Very informative review.  Thank you for taking the time.
What is the clamp you're now using with your Surface 2?
It appears in one of the photographs.

Thanks again.

Andrew

Sorry I missed this.  You can read an update reviewing clamping choices when tethering with the Surface Pro on my blog:  https://kendoophotography.wordpress.com/2015/05/29/tethering-with-the-surface-pro-evolving-clamp-choices/  I'm currently using version 3 of the CLITS clamp, which uses rare earth magnets---small, lightweight, and fast.  Shopping list at the bottom of the blog article. I'll probably upgrade my Giottos mini ballhead to the RRS BH-25PF using the same clamping system.

Dominique_R

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2015, 06:57:41 am »

I'm in search of a new carbon fiber tripod. For a head I'm leaning towards the MF 410 Junior because the independent axis control via gears is very appealing to me (although I'm certainly open to other suggestions). Goal is good stability without too much weight as the primary use is for hiking trips. I'll be shooting with a Sony a7R and native Sony glass (16-35 and 70-200).

Suggestions appreciated!

For the past 8 years, I've been using Gitzo GT 2530 legs and either Markins or RRS ball heads. The heaviest equipment I put on those has been a pro Nikon body and a 200-400/4 Nikkor lens with a Wimberley Sidekick. Got used extensively in wildlife photography and sports (eventing), and I don't baby my gear. Never any problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up