Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Desert Stream  (Read 873 times)

James Clark

Desert Stream
« on: April 08, 2015, 11:49:01 pm »

stamper

Re: Desert Stream
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 03:35:58 am »

A nice composition however I'm not sure about the processing. The brown coloured hills look over sharpened. The eye sees them first and the foreground should be seen first taking the eye to the hills? A slight blurring of the hills would be beneficial.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:31:39 am »

Nice composition and location. I find the light a bit too harsh though.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:05 am »

Have you considered cropping some at the top to reduce the area of sky? The stream is the "thing," and the sky - while nice enough - is a distraction. Nice shot!

James Clark

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 01:25:44 pm »

I think these are all fair comments/considerations :)  This is am image I've struggled with for probably two years now, and I appreciate the feedback.  The light *is* hard, and the hills *are* sharp (though in my defense, there's bunch of high-frequency scrub and bushes out here that call attention to it :)   Also, I've already cropped some of the sky out - will definitely try more and see what happens.

Thanks for the help.. this is one to continue working on, but it'll probably never be an A+ image. 

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 12:11:20 pm »

A nice composition however I'm not sure about the processing.
I agree, the processing in the hills and bushes looks like its either not in web format, or pushed.  You could select just the clouds, and adjust the highlighting to bring them out.  Then just the hills and adjust them so they don't look pushed.  And then just below the hills and bump up the vibrancy to see if you can bring out the desert, or perhaps leave the bottom as is if you're really trying to work it.
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.
Pages: [1]   Go Up