Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange outlines? - Two, probably beginner problems (pictures included)  (Read 1785 times)

hyperbole85

Greetings!  I have two questions, for background I'm printing on a used epson stylus pro 7500/w epson inks/canson infinity rag paper/printing image from Photoshop/photos originally taken w/canon t2i with kit lens.  The first is an issue with old images, I was not wise enough to shoot in RAW so keep that in mind.

1.  Parts of my images keep printing with these little outline/aberrations but I can't see them in photoshop.  I tried to go in and manually correct them only to print and see no difference whatsoever.  I cannot seem to visually predict where they will occur and how to get rid of them.  What is this problem?  Suggestions for correcting it?  I'm definitely a newbie.  Issue presents much more with old images than new ones.  

2.  Images in the cool color spectrum seem to be printing nicely, but images with yellow and orange look terrible with none of the original color variation and depth in printout.  They look very flat.  Any ideas?  Is it the printer, ink or a setting I could tweek?

Thank you!

jferrari

First, welcome to LuLa! Next, what does your nozzle check look like? Have you performed a head alignment? Try that stuff first.     - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

hyperbole85

The print out patterns for nozzle and alignment look good.  I've used the unclog function a few times when streaks have appeared that seemed to work.  We have not manually serviced anything since buying the (used) printer.  Would you recommend that?  Any suggestions for good tutorials?

Thank you!

jferrari

With good nozzle check and alignment the next thing I would check is the profile. Perhaps try a different profile and see if the problem persists. I know of no tutorials that would help your situation directly.    - Jim
Nothing changes until something changes.

hugowolf

Are you sure the nozzle check print is good. You are not missing an entire color?

Brian A

hyperbole85

I tried some 6 color test images, because it's a six color printer, to see if one whole ink was missing but they all look like they are there.  But in the white to black section I see brown/red mixed in there.  Clearly something wrong with colors.  I've attached the print screen.  I thought I downloaded the driver from epson but ?????  see pix attached.  Thank you

hugowolf

You cannot print pure colors without a RIP, and the image is too small to see any brown in there.

The one thing that worries me is that profile: 'Epson Stylus Pro 7500'.  What is that? Profiles are specific to a printer and paper.

Brian A

hyperbole85

Yah, that is weird.  I am trying to find ICC profiles for Epson Stylus Pro 7500 right now.  The paper is Canson Rag Photographique 310.  I feel like I have found them for every other Epson Stylus Pros profiles, buts it's like the 7500 does not exist, anyone know where to find them? Thank you

hugowolf

Yah, that is weird.  I am trying to find ICC profiles for Epson Stylus Pro 7500 right now.  The paper is Canson Rag Photographique 310.  I feel like I have found them for every other Epson Stylus Pros profiles, buts it's like the 7500 does not exist, anyone know where to find them? Thank you

For a 15 year old, discontinued printer, I would by really surprised if you find any. If you are really lucky, and post on several forums, you might find someone with a profile for the Canson Rag. Otherwise, it would either be paying for a custom profile, or buying a spectrophotometer and making your own. If you only plan on using a few papers, then having custom profiles made for you would be the least expensive option.

You could rent a Color Munki Photo over a weekend, for something like $50, and make as many profiles as you can in that time period. You can buy a Color Munki Photo for about $450.

Brian A

hyperbole85

This discussion made me realize I was working too hard for my old printer.  I bought a new one today that is printing perfectly, no profile problems.  Thank you to all who answered :)  I'm sure I'll have more photo and printing questions in the future
Pages: [1]   Go Up