Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing with Lightroom 5 and Quadtone (Windows 7)  (Read 2697 times)

mseawell

• Mark Seawell's Photo World
Printing with Lightroom 5 and Quadtone (Windows 7)
« on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:54 am »

I recently acquired a Epson 3880 printer to replace my Canon 9500MKII.  My normal way of printing was using QImage Ultimate with a 1 inch margin on my prints. However I discovered using Windows 7 I can't use Quadtone to put a one inch margin around my prints. It was suggested to me to print to file in Qimage and then print in Quadtone. I've done it but it seems....cumbersome. So now I want to print out of LR5. The problem is I'm not seeing the connect between LR 5 and Quadtone. I noticed in Jeff's book you see (at least on a Mac) a driver option for Quadtone. But on my Windows machine out of LR 5 I'm not seeing a Quadtone printer (and yes the software is installed! ;) . I'm sure I'm missing something easy but I would appreciate any assistance!

Thx Mark

P.S Side note question. With my Canon 9500MKII she drank a lot of ink when you powered up. I starting leaving it on between print jobs to cut down on this. What is the deal with the Epson 3880? Should it be powered down between jobs or left on.

TylerB

• my photography
Re: Printing with Lightroom 5 and Quadtone (Windows 7)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 01:47:50 pm »

to my knowledge in windows qtr is a stand alone printing app, not an additional driver that can be utilized from other applications when printing.
You don''t necessarily have to print to file, though there would be some benefit utilizing qimage's many sizing and sharpening tools. You can simply import your psd or tiff into qtr as well.
I've used qtr on both mac and pc, unless things have changed...

KMRennie

Re: Printing with Lightroom 5 and Quadtone (Windows 7)
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:57:25 pm »

Windows is standalone. I only ever use TIFFs saved from Photoshop I am sure that Lightroom will be the same. I use an Epson 2880 and leave it switched on all of the time. Hope this helps.
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up