Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Lightroom - Collections & Web Galleries  (Read 3131 times)

m021478

Adobe Lightroom - Collections & Web Galleries
« on: January 25, 2006, 04:04:00 am »

I created a web gallery of a specified collection of images from the slideshow panel of LR, and I specified that the output should be done using Flash...the resulting web gallery looked great, and seemed to offer some seriously advanced functionality...one thing I did notice was that the primary index page brought me to a page that said "welcome to adobe gallery", and below there seemed to be a section within which 'should' lie all of the collections that the images within belong to...however only one collection appeared in this list...If I click on this collection, it brings me to another page that shows the image thumbnails and a main image preview (with other options appearing on this page like full screen, play slideshow, etc...). I also noticed a button at the top of this window called "view all collections"...its seems pretty obvious that this button would be here to bring you back to a main 'index' page that should theoretically show all of your collections that the images you chose to include in the gallery belong to, however for some reason, it is only showing me one item in this list, and this one item contains all of the images that I chose to include in the web gallery...

My question is how I would go about having things setup properly such that I have multiple specified image 'collections' appearing in this list, as opposed to one 'master' collection? Is this something that, due to the beta status of the program, is not setup properly to work as it should? Or is there a way to effectively pull this off at this point, and its just a matter of me missing a button to check or something?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Micah

Adobe Lightroom - Collections & Web Galleries
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 10:58:38 am »

You are doing it right.  Looks like a directory page feature might be in there in the future.  It is not there now.

However, here's a tip.  Look at the XML files.  Customize them.  You can create all kinds of different looks for your Flash galleries using the style XML file.  You don't have to know how to code, it is just a matter of changing rgb values and opacity values.

As to the directory - look at how the folder structure is made up, and then look at the XML.  Create several more collections.  Now, go maualy add them to your directory by adding them to the XML.

Or wait and see if a future release includes that feature.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 10:59:23 am by Micah »
Pages: [1]   Go Up