Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RGB readout disappeared from top of screen. Also, problem with Color Editor.  (Read 5781 times)

Dinarius

Hi,

I know I've done something stupid  ??? but I don't know what.............?

1. RGB readouts have disappeared from the top of the image panel. So, when I move the cursor around an image, I see no Red, Green and Blue values.

2. In the Color Editor, if I click on a color in an image, the selected color I see in Color Editor panel bears no relation whatsoever to what I've selected.

Help!

Thanks.

D.

I'm 8.2/64 bit.

Dinarius

I've noticed that this problem occurs after the Spot Tool has been used.

If I remove the spot corrections, the RGB readings reappear and the Colour Editor works normally.

I'm Windows 8.1.

Thanks.

D.

Jack Varney

• http://

I noted the same issue of no RGB readouts above viewer window in an 8.2 Beta release and reported it as a bug. When 8.2 was released I noted the same behavior on the first launch. The next launch resolved (mysteriously) the problem. I have no idea how or why but it works now. I am a WIN 8.1 64 bit user.
Jack Varney

Dinarius

Jack,

Thanks for that.

Annoying that it isn't working for me then.

I normally don't update immediately, but I couldn't resist the new colour tool.

They got back to me pretty quickly yesterday, but wanted a video recording!! of what I was doing and seeing on the screen, or screen captures!

What I'm seeing is not rocket science. My description was elaborate. Haven't heard from them since.

Might try a reinstall.

Not happy.  >:(

Thanks again.

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

I've noticed that this problem occurs after the Spot Tool has been used.

If I remove the spot corrections, the RGB readings reappear and the Colour Editor works normally.

Hi,

Same with me, correct a spot and the RGB readout doesn't show, remove it (with undo), and it works again.
When I have a multiple image view, the RGB readout only disappears from the image with the spot removal applied, the other images still show their RGB values. Switching display acceleration off doesn't help, so the bug is deeper in the system.

I'm on Win 7 64-bit.

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. Capture One Pro, Build 8.2.0.124
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:28:56 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Dinarius

Hi,

Same with me, correct a spot and the RGB readout doesn't show, remove it (with undo), and it works again.
When I have a multiple image view, the RGB readout only disappears from the image with the spot removal applied, the other images still show their RGB values. Switching display acceleration off doesn't help, so the bug is deeper in the system.

I'm on Win 7.

Cheers,
Bart

Precisely!!!!

Thank you!!!

I'm not going crazy after all.  :D

PhaseOne, please sort this out. I'm a slave to RGB. I can't use C1 without them.  8)

D.

Malcolm Payne

Also confirmed here precisely as Bart has described it, under both Win 7 and Win 8.1 64-bit, C1 v8.2.0.124, with and without hardware acceleration. I still have an old version 7.2.4 installed for reference purposes, and that appears to work correctly.

I've generally found Phase One's support to be excellent, but they do sometimes insist on a screen video recording even when a written description and static screenshots define the issue precisely and unambiguously. Can anyone recommend a good, adware-free screen recorder for the purpose? Phase One's suggested recorder was flagged up as having OpenCandy when I attempted to install it, so I have been disinclined to proceed further with that one.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Can anyone recommend a good, adware-free screen recorder for the purpose?

Hi Malcolm,

Don't know how add free it is, because I use their payed Snag-it application I haven't needed to try it myself, but you could try Jing.

Cheers,
Bart

tho_mas

doesn't happen on my Mac.
Don't know the Windows version ... but did you check the setting "always show color readouts" (see attachment)?

ario

Is it only a Windows issue? On my Mac everything looks normal. (CO 8.2 - OSX 10.10.2)

Malcolm Payne

Bart, thanks for suggesting Jing, I'll take a look at that one.

tho_mas & ario: It looks as if the vanishing RGB readouts may be only a Windows issue then. There have been a few odd issues reported elsewhere (not specifically with C1) that began with the current .NET 4.5.2 release, so I wonder if that could have any bearing on the problem? (Although I'm running the .NET 4.5.3 preview and still have the same issue.)

Ticking the 'always show colour readouts' box merely ensures that any spot readouts in the image remain visible when another cursor or pick tool is selected and does not affect the issue of the disappearing readout in the toolbar.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Bart_van_der_Wolf

doesn't happen on my Mac.
Don't know the Windows version ... but did you check the setting "always show color readouts" (see attachment)?

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion, but that option allows to show/hide specific color Read Outs that can be placed in the image, as text balloons. 'Always show' will show the balloons even when the image is not the active/selected one, otherwise the balloon will be hidden until the image gets focus again.

Cheers,
Bart

tho_mas

Thanks for the suggestion, but that option allows to show/hide specific color Read Outs that can be placed in the image, as text balloons. 'Always show' will show the balloons even when the image is not the active/selected one, otherwise the balloon will be hidden until the image gets focus again.
sorry... I've confused the RGB values displayed below the toolbar with the actual "color readout" tool. I should have been reading the initial post more carefully...:
RGB readouts have disappeared from the top of the image panel
Pages: [1]   Go Up