Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GH4 example  (Read 9797 times)

eronald

• My gallery on Instagram
GH4 example
« on: March 28, 2015, 02:17:14 am »

Here are 10s of 100mbps ungraded 4K from a music video I shot with the GH4.
The download link is at the top of my GH4 resource page.

Edmund
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:22:47 am by eronald »
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

eronald

Re: GH4 example
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:34:02 pm »

BTW, I use Google Drive to host this huge file - 10s == 200MB, and to see it in its real quality you need to DOWNLOAD, NOT JUST LOOK IN THE BROWSER.
Has anyone here got advice on where to host large files, and how to make sure people see them in hi-rez?

Edmund
If you appreciate my blog posts help me by following on https://instagram.com/edmundronald

Manoli

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 07:07:05 am »

Has anyone here got advice on where to host large files, and how to make sure people see them in hi-rez?

wetransfer (free) / wetransferplus (about 10€ pm with monthly or yearly options ) and a healthy attitude to security.

Best,
M

eronald

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 08:13:50 pm »

wetransfer (free) / wetransferplus (about 10€ pm with monthly or yearly options ) and a healthy attitude to security.

Best,
M

Manoli -

Nice to see you here :)
 I think the hosting issue would make for an interesting discussion. In addition to Google, wetransfer and Yousendit, there there is also of course Vimeo+, Dropbox, and Adobe. If one rotates the large files out, I'd expect the free solutions might almost be sufficient?

Edmund

Manoli

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2015, 10:17:17 am »

Manoli -
Nice to see you here :)

Likewise, Edmund.

I would have been back sooner but someone pointed me to a neural net blog which, for one who still has difficulty in differentiating between a shutter speed and an f-stop, is proving somewhat formidable ( that's the English 'formidable' as opposed to the French one).  :)

I think the hosting issue would make for an interesting discussion. In addition to Google, wetransfer and Yousendit, there there is also of course Vimeo+, Dropbox, and Adobe. If one rotates the large files out, I'd expect the free solutions might almost be sufficient?

I hadn't thought much about this until you posted but clearly there's an 'embarras de choix' when it comes to hosting sites. The advantage of the vanilla wetransfer is the simplicity if all you want to do is send a large file (upto 2gb). Load the webpage, insert your and the recipient's e-mail address, point to the file and you're set. I've used it on a few occasions, and it's been rock solid with no interrupted downloads.

Manoli

Manoli

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2015, 11:22:15 am »

Just noticed - the OP, one respondent, two replies and we're already off-topic - this has to be a LuLa record.  :)

eronald

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 03:38:31 pm »

Just noticed - the OP, one respondent, two replies and we're already off-topic - this has to be a LuLa record.  :)

Yes, I wonder whether that has something to do with the fact that many of us post when we're already drifting off to sleep?

Edmund
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:15:52 am by eronald »
Pages: [1]   Go Up