Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 645Z the autogain issue  (Read 1155 times)

zobeleye

• zobeleye
645Z the autogain issue
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:52:34 pm »

Hi all,

this is a post about the autogain issue, that seems to be a very erratic.

I have already posted this on the pentax forum, but had no helpful replies yet.

<I am in M and LV. settings saved as U3.with highlight alert ticked. my usual setup.
now this happened a few times already. I had adjusted Exp til the blinkies come up, went back 1/3 or 2/3 and the blinkies went and I made my exposure.
checked file in LR or Iridient. usually fine with no clipping.
now today I do the same and I get no blinkies anymore, not even with exp all the way up to 2 seconds...
can't make them come back. switched cam on/off, checked the saved setting, saved it again, pulled battery, all to no avail.
happened a couple of times before in the field, but they came back after on/off.
considering a reset of the cam but since I then have to reprogramm all my saved settings/buttons etc. I'm a bit reluctant.>

another issue:
<seems like the blinkies are dependent on the overall brightness of the scene in the viewfinder. so I am in M, right?
I have no blinkies in the sky or water.
if I point the camera towards something darker without changing the exposure the blinkies reappear in the bright parts, if I go back to the original composition, they disappear again.>
sometimes I have a very small spot of blinkies, then when I bring the exposure up the spot stays the same size, when I bring it down I can't make them disappear.

I don't get it...
anybody seen this with their camera?

Stephan

mac pro 32 gb,eizoCG318,LR,nikon,fuji,Pentax645Z
http://zobeleye.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up