Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 8.2 Released  (Read 23714 times)

Gulag

Re: Capture One Pro 8.2 Released
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 04:56:59 pm »

It seems LUT is widely used in consistent color-grading workflow. Will C1Pro adopt LUT in the future release?
"Photography is our exorcism. Primitive society had its masks, bourgeois society its mirrors. We have our images."

— Jean Baudrillard

AlterEgo

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 04:58:36 pm »

Understood.

so we shall get back to the topic when suboptimal reverse engineered support for E-M1 multishot will appear in C1... unless / venomous mode on  :D / of course that was a veiled preparation to declare that C1 will not be supporting multishot raws from dSLRs/dSLMs because first Olympus, then Ricoh/Pentax, then Sony... may be some encroaching is felt there by smb  ::) ... just like the case with 645 from Ricoh/Pentax, no ?

AlterEgo

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 05:06:06 pm »

Capture One comes with a 'stock' profile, sometimes several, for each camera that it supports and which isn't all that bad as a basis.

are you reading topics in C1 U2U forums by any chance, it is a regular staple there  ::) even for a non reproduction shots

I get the impression that you think that spectrally accurate profiling is the only possibility to get 'good' color.

did I say "good" ? no - I was referring to reproduction type of work and C1 stock profiles are tuned for a "good" (in P1's taste) color... I have no issues with P1's Sony OEM profile ("standard", introduced when P1 made some kind of a deal with Sony and Sony dropped their own raw converter support) for my camera for a "good" (to my taste) color(s), but I recently engaged in an excercise with babelcolor patchtool, colorchecker SG and C1 with a stock profile trying exactly to get its (C1's) color editor to get me to the acceptable errors across SG patches and I'd say it is PITA...

« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:09:09 pm by AlterEgo »

lkuhlmann

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 05:41:26 am »

Just small comment. Expect the Olympus High Res format to be supported in next update.
Lionel  ;)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 05:59:43 am by lkuhlmann »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2015, 09:06:43 am »

Just small comment. Expect the Olympus High Res format to be supported in next update.
Lionel  ;)

Brilliant!

That'll get interesting when we can compare it to the yet to be marketed EOS-5DS / 5DS R ...

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

tingyat

• Rogan Coles Photo Archive
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2015, 12:07:34 am »

Referring to the new 3-Way Color Balance tool, nice enhancement.

Just a small wish, the need for numerical references - as in similar to those in the previous version. Would be nice to have degrees of travel along the arc for each circle or arc and a percentage for the travel from centre to edge in the main circle.

When it comes to image prep, my workflow is usually pretty frenetic. Don't always have the time to sit and make pretty moving sliders up and down and all around. At times and under pressure, would think it would be much easier to type in a value and work things from there. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Rogan

AlterEgo

« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2015, 02:05:04 am »

That'll get interesting when we can compare it to the yet to be marketed EOS-5DS / 5DS R ...
but what prevents you from comparing it now (albeit with prerelease raws from Canon) using other converters ? unless you want specifically to use C1

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:50 am »

Referring to the new 3-Way Color Balance tool, nice enhancement.

Just a small wish, the need for numerical references - as in similar to those in the previous version. Would be nice to have degrees of travel along the arc for each circle or arc and a percentage for the travel from centre to edge in the main circle.

When it comes to image prep, my workflow is usually pretty frenetic. Don't always have the time to sit and make pretty moving sliders up and down and all around. At times and under pressure, would think it would be much easier to type in a value and work things from there. Just a thought.

Hope this helps.

Rogan

Why not build a library of your own presets?
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2015, 04:37:05 am »

but what prevents you from comparing it now (albeit with prerelease raws from Canon) using other converters ? unless you want specifically to use C1

Yes, you've guessed it. I prefer the (in many ways) superior Raw conversion quality of Capture One, and it is my Raw converter of choice, so it fits my workflow best.

Cheers,
Bart

Dinarius

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2015, 03:18:54 am »

Windows 8.1./64 bit

C1 8.2 64bit fully up to date.

Am I really the only user with C1 (Build 8.2.0.124)/Windows 8.1, who is experiencing disappearing RGB readouts from the top of the screen, along with a malfunctioning Colour Editor Tool? (Though I am finding that the CET fault is intermittent - even more annoying)

If you've updated to C1 8.2, and you're running Windows 8.1/64, try the following.

1. Open C1
2. Open an unedited file.
3. Hover the Select arrow over the image. You see RGB values at the top of the screen, right?
4. Now, open the Spot Removal Tool and click on anywhere in the image to make a correction.
5. Now, click on the Select arrow again and hover it over the image. Have the RGB values disappeared? They have for me.
6. Finally, open the Colour Editor Tool and use it's Pick Basic Color Correction eyedropper tool to take a sample from the image. Is the colour that appears at the bottom of the CET the same as what you selected in the image? For me it isn't, occasionally.

That's it.

I know this was a bug in beta - see my thread here> http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=99162.0

So, if you're Windows 8.1/64 please let me know if this happens for you.

Thanks.

D.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2015, 03:25:44 am »

So, if you're Windows 8.1/64 please let me know if this happens for you.

Hi,

Not on Win 8.1, but on Win 7 64-bit. My RGB readouts also disappear after applying a spot removal. Even on a multiple image display (Multi view mode), only the spot removed image doesn't show the RGB readouts anymore.

http://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=99162.msg811217#msg811217

Cheers,
Bart

P.S. Capture One Pro, Build 8.2.0.124
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:29:58 am by BartvanderWolf »

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2015, 04:32:33 am »

Your issue of the disappearing RGB readouts confirmed in your other thread. I haven't yet been able to reproduce the issues that you describe with the Colour Editor.

Win 7 & 8.1, 64-bit, C1 8.2.0.124

Cheers,

Malcolm

Dinarius

« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2015, 03:20:47 pm »

Your issue of the disappearing RGB readouts confirmed in your other thread. I haven't yet been able to reproduce the issues that you describe with the Colour Editor.

Win 7 & 8.1, 64-bit, C1 8.2.0.124

Cheers,

Malcolm

Malcolm,

Try this........

1. Make 20+ spot selections (set to Dust) on an image.

2. Now, open the Color Editor and, using its eyedropper tool, make a selection.

Is the color in the Color Editor panel the same as what you've selected in the image? I'm selecting from a Gretag CC and, for example, the blue patch appears as grey, the white patch as grey. All of them are incorrect.

If I select only one or two spot selections, it has no effect on the Color Editor - only when I make a lot.

Right now I'm having to use Adobe Camera RAW and am not a happy bunny.

Thanks for your feedback.

D.

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2015, 06:27:52 pm »

Hi Dinarius,

OK, I tried that, exactly as you suggested but with negative results.

I made 25 'dust' selections with a radius of 58, opened the colour editor, and every colour I selected gave the correct preview in both the basic and the advanced editor. I then added a further 23 'spot' selections, for a total of 48, and the colour editor preview still worked correctly every time. Also tried with a larger radius of 81, with the same result. (The RGB readout in the toolbar also vanished each time as previously).

I've only tried this on my Win 8.1 laptop so far but will repeat on my Win 7 machine tomorrow and post the result.

Cheers,

Malcolm

Dinarius

« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2015, 03:00:47 am »

Malcolm,

Thanks for that. Just happening to my setup then, it seems.

One last thing..........

Highlight some of your Dust selections and click the minus key (I'm assuming this is the key next to the zero key) - do they disappear? Mine don't.

Thanks.

D.

Seriously wishing I hadn't upgraded to 8.2.  >:(

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2015, 03:58:50 am »

Dinarius,

As expected, identical (correct) behaviour on my Win 7 machine, i.e. the colour editor preview shows the selected colour even with 50-odd dust/spot selections active.

If you mean the minus key(s) on the keyboard, no, that won't work to delete your dust selections; those keys set the image colour tag to red (the plus key(s) on the keyboard set it to green).

To delete the dust selections you need to click on the minus symbol to the right of the <> previous and next spot selectors in the Spot Removal tool; this comes up with a 'Delete selected spot' tooltip if you hover over it, which should probably less ambiguously read 'Delete selected spot selection'. You could also check the keyboard shortcuts to see if it's possible to remap an alternative key combination to this function if that would be more convenient (it depends if that function is exposed to the shortcut editor).

It does appear you have a particular issue with your own setup. You could try a full uninstall and clean reinstall of C1, which sometimes sorts out these odd glitches. There's a procedure listed somewhere on P1's site for complete uninstallation, though unfortunately I don't have the URL to hand. You shouldn't lose your activation by doing that, though it's easily reactivated via your user account if necessary, without losing a license.

Hope that's of some further help.

Regards,

Malcolm

Dinarius

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2015, 05:50:50 am »

Malcolm,

Thanks. Of course I knew about that minus sign, but in my current state of paranoia, I forgot!  :)

Will do a complete uninstall/reinstall over the weekend - though I suspect this is a genuine bug and not just me.

If anyone has a link to the instructions for reinstall, please post.

Thanks.

D

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2015, 12:36:28 pm »

How to uninstall C1 v 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8 from Windows:

http://www.phaseone.com/en/search/article.aspx?articleid=1134&LanguageID=1

Last updated 5 Jan 2015

Malcolm

Dinarius

« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2015, 06:14:17 am »

Malcolm,

Thanks for the link.

I uninstalled C1. Stripped out everything.

As well as following the instructions on the link - which leave a lot to be desired when it comes to Windows 8 - I even did searches of the entire computer for anything that had Capture One or Phaseone in the name.

I then ran CC Cleaner (great little App!) to clean the Registry of any leftovers.

Finally, with my computer stripped bare of anything C1/Phaseone, I reinstalled.

Same story - a single Spot Removal correction and the RGB readout disappears. Remove the spot correction using the minus key, and the RGB readings reappear.

Looks very much like a bug to me.

Not very impressed with the lack of Phaseone acknowledgement/feedback on the issue on this forum.  ???

Back to Adobe Camera RAW.

Thanks for your help.

D.

Malcolm Payne

« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2015, 08:59:57 am »

Dinarius,

OK, unfortunate but it was worth a try. I think the concensus here is that the disappearing RGB readout is definitely a bug, so I wasn't expecting that to change, but did the clean reinstallation improve the secondary issue of the Colour Editor preview in any way?

In fairness to Phase One, some of their people are members of this forum but I think I am right in saying that any advice they may offer here is on an unofficial basis.

Have you raised a support ticket on Phase One's site (apologies if I've missed that in your earlier posts)? In most cases I've found their direct support to be very helpful and thorough; a very few instances have been less satisfactory, but it probably depends on the engineer who picks up the ticket and on whether they can easily replicate the problem. On the whole though, I rate Phase One as one of the better customer experiences in software support.

You could also post on Phase One's user forum at http://www.phaseone.com/en/SupportMain.aspx, if you haven't already done so, to see if anyone else has the same problem(s); though, again, any Phase One support on that forum is unofficial and they will advise you to raise an official support ticket as above.

I'll raise a ticket myself on the RGB readout issue; if anyone else who has found the problem might care to do the same, it will help push it up the support priority list. I believe Phase One earlier stated that releases will be more frequent following the launch of v8, so hopefully that may be resolved in the next (8.3) release.

Good luck meanwhile.

Malcolm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up